Davide Moretti | The Boneyard

Davide Moretti

Reaction Score
Missed recruits are always a hot topic on the 'yard but I feel like we've never talked about Moretti. If I recall correctly he visited and I have to hand it to KO he found a pretty nice foreign player just too bad he couldn't close

Reaction Score
And now the Zag player reaching out of bounds becomes the goat.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
92% FT shooter jeez

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Missed recruits are always a hot topic on the 'yard but I feel like we've never talked about Moretti. If I recall correctly he visited and I have to hand it to KO he found a pretty nice foreign player just too bad he couldn't close
I’ll always have a soft spot for him because of the likes I garnered when I translated “20 minutes” into Italian while we waited for his decision.

Reaction Score
It was cool how Tech surprised him with his family showing up for the game. Said he hasn’t seen them in over a year.

Reaction Score
In retrospect, Perkins is the kid we missed on that was the canary in the coalmine. He wanted to come here and Ollie told his dad "I'm gonna recruit your son harder than I've ever recruited anyone." Then he didn't call him again for like a month.

Moretti was another one we had in the bag, like Diallo. He left campus and everyone was certain he'd be here.

Reaction Score
In retrospect, Perkins is the kid we missed on that was the canary in the coalmine. He wanted to come here and Ollie told his dad "I'm gonna recruit your son harder than I've ever recruited anyone." Then he didn't call him again for like a month.

Moretti was another one we had in the bag, like Diallo. He left campus and everyone was certain he'd be here.
those recruiting threads were always so demoralizing.

Reaction Score

Yikes this is news to me. It sucks to fire an alumni national champion coach but his work the last couple of years was so unacceptable (to say the least)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
those recruiting threads were always so demoralizing.
What ever happened to 3Uconn? Remember he was like viewed as some sort of insider who correctly predicted a number of recruits we landed then went cold and missed on a number of predictions. Does he post anymore?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What ever happened to 3Uconn? Remember he was like viewed as some sort of insider who correctly predicted a number of recruits we landed then went cold and missed on a number of predictions. Does he post anymore?
There needs to be some semblance of life in UConn basketball for guys like 3 to post.

Reaction Score
I think he was just relaying what he heard from the staff or a connection to the staff. he was saying that kids were "a done deal" and then they didn't commit so people gave him a really hard time and he got tired of dealing with the BS. Come to find out, it was the staff that was clueless and overconfident and not him. But he never came back, and I don't really blame him. That's how I remember it, at least.

Reaction Score
For him he made the right choice though.
Life changing decision. Elite Eight last year, Final Four this year, and only a sophomore. Being very well coached and has an outside chance at pro ball here, definitely pro ball overseas.

Reaction Score
What ever happened to 3Uconn?
Became a contributor at TOS. I haven’t checked there in a while and don’t know if he still is, but given it was maybe a paid gig, I understand why he stopped coming here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom