OT: - David Wingett and transfer rules ? | The Boneyard

OT: David Wingett and transfer rules ?

Reaction Score
David Wingett was on the Memphis roster last season and played in 4 games before missing the rest of the season with an injury.

In May, he transferred to South Dakota State and is playing for them this season. My question is: why did he not have to sit out a year as a D1 transfer ?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He had a grandmother in South Dakota suffering from gout.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He was granted a waiver. I don't know why.

Winnebago is in Nebraska and his his Memphis profile indicates his previous prep school was in N.C. So unless they shipped an ill relative to Brookings (Yes, I've been there), the waiver process truly is as arbitrary as Geno indicated.

Along with everything else the NCAA is dealing with, I kinda hope this contributes to blowing it up.

Reaction Score
He was granted a waiver. I don't know why.

Winnebago is in Nebraska and his his Memphis profile indicates his previous prep school was in N.C. So unless they shipped an ill relative to Brookings (Yes, I've been there), the waiver process truly is as arbitrary as Geno indicated.

Along with everything else the NCAA is dealing with, I kinda hope this contributes to blowing it up.

Winnebago, Nebraska to south Dakota state is about the same distance from Storrs to MSG

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’m sure Uncle Striper can fill us in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member