David Teel, beat writer at Daily Press, addressing rumors of Virginia BOT vote to Big 10 | The Boneyard

David Teel, beat writer at Daily Press, addressing rumors of Virginia BOT vote to Big 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
hard to take any AD at his word, though those are fairly set in stone remarks against any b10 rumors. still can't be sure it's not happening.

Reaction Score
hard to take any AD at his word, though those are fairly set in stone remarks against any b10 rumors. still can't be sure it's not happening.

If UVA goes, then go north to UConn. Get UVA, MD, Rutgers, Penn State, UConn. That about covers any relevant school in the northeast corridor.

But, he then tweeted this, which answers your question:

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
As skeptical as anyone about realignment denials, but if B1G were courting #UVa, why would Littlepage take call to answer questions?

Expand

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Note that that wasn't a denial by Littlepage. Why would Littlepage take the call? Well not taking the call would be a de facto admission so he must take the call and issue a non-denial denial, which is in fact an admission to those of us with the perception to see it.

Reaction Score
Of course, and he's entirely right, if there were discussions, he probably wouldn't take a call from a reporter. That said, we all have learned there are no 100% guarantees of anything in this whole carnival.

Reaction Score
I remember the A&M AD, Bill Byrne, taking calls & telling people A&M was staying in the Big 12 right up until they went to the SEC.

Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Note that that wasn't a denial by Littlepage. Why would Littlepage take the call? Well not taking the call would be a de facto admission so he must take the call and issue a non-denial denial, which is in fact an admission to those of us with the perception to see it.

Wait, who's on first?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Come on. It never made any sense. UVA and UNC rule the roost in the ACC. They are not going anywhere. All this Big Ten talk is nonsense. Now Littlepage confirms the obvious, and yet we still want to doubt it? I think it is a lot easier to doubt a bunch of WVU guys tweeting from their mothers' basements while munching their stash of twinkies.

Reaction Score
David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
Littlepage: "I'm sure I would be a part of any conversations along the lines of conference membership." #UVa #ACC #B1G

Expand

6m

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
I called Littlepage after Twitter lit up with reports of #UVa BoV voting on Big Ten next week.

Expand

8m

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
OK, #UVa tweeps. Just spoke w/AD Craig Littlepage. He said Cavs are not, and have no interest in, discussions with Big Ten.

Expand
But he didn't say that they didn't have those discussions over the weekend. One could read this to be saying "Of course we have are not having discussions with the B-1o now. And of course we have no interest in having those discussions in the future. We've already settled everything last week so why the heck would we want to keep discussing it with them? Look for us to open next season at the Horseshoe!" that, at least is how I read his comments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom