David Pindell Offers Reason To Believe This Year Will Be Different (Courant) | The Boneyard

David Pindell Offers Reason To Believe This Year Will Be Different (Courant)

Reaction Score
David Pindell Offers Reason To Believe This Year Will Be Different

>>“This year I feel a lot more comfortable around the players and the coaches,” Pindell said during training camp. “I feel comfortable with the offensive system we’ve got going on.”

Pindell says he has benefited from a tight relationship with new offensive coordinator John Dunn, who joined UConn’s staff this season from the Chicago Bears. The quarterback and coach speak often on the phone and over FaceTime, comparing notes and discussing schemes. “I bounce things off him because if he’s not comfortable with it, we’re not going to do it,” Dunn said Monday. “There’s just a lot of open dialogue, and I think that helps with his buy-in too because now he has some input on things he likes to do, things he’s comfortable with.”>>

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Boy the media outlets are really dumping out the stories.....its almost like they suddenly realize if no one goes to the games there will be no reason to have a football beat and who wants to lose their beat?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
There’s unknowns behind him at QB if he flames out in the first half tomorrow. Not like last year. Time to step up Dave. You played decent late last year. Keep it up, be steady. Get the ball to Davis and let him scoot.

Reaction Score
I’m not sold on the guy, but he’s the best we have right now. If he can get some rhythm throwing on the move, he might be very effective. That said, his in-game throwing accuracy and decision making haven’t been spectacular and once he faces game speed again it will be interesting to see if he’s progressed from last year.

Reaction Score
Won't matter if the offense goes all run, run ,run, punt. Wish Lashee was still running the offense.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ha! Worry not. He’ll end up surprising the heck out of you and the pundits and you’ll hear these words spoken by Dan-O “actually Pindell has outplayed Milton tonight”Wait and watch.

Well boys tonight is the night on the eve of the season to go all Nostical. Might as well, might be your only chance all season to get deliriously positive. Pindell to out play Milton, but of course!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
work is going to drag on forever

I’m just sitting in my house staring at the ceiling trying to fall asleep so time passes more quickly. Get out @ 11AM tomorrow and from that point until kickoff will be absolute torture

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ha! Worry not. He’ll end up surprising the heck out of you and the pundits and you’ll hear these words spoken by Dan-O “actually Pindell has outplayed Milton tonight”Wait and watch.
Will not. I'll be at the game.

Reaction Score
Oh, we're firing the OC before he's called a play? Got it.

Nope. Just hoping he continues the more exciting offense that Lashee offered. Don't want to see it go stagnant with a lot of ground and pound . . . and punt.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Nope. Just hoping he continues the more exciting offense that Lashee offered. Don't want to see it go stagnant with a lot of ground and pound . . . and punt.

"Malzahn might have had a pass-happy reputation before first joining Auburn’s staff in 2009, but ever since, his and Lashlee’s offenses have been very run-heavy. In 2016, only 10 teams ran more often on standard downs than Auburn did, which ran 72% of the time compared to a national average of 60%. In 2013, Auburn’s number was a whopping 78.6%."

Reaction Score
I hope UConn wins but what if they don't and Pindell does a mediocre job against a top UCF team?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I hope UConn wins but what if they don't and Pindell does a mediocre job against a top UCF team?
Is your question really, "What if UConn does what they are expected to do?"

UConn is expected to lose. Pindell is expected to be average, at best.

Anyways. To answer your question, My guess is that UConn will play Boise State on the 8th at 10:00pm ET and Pindell will be the starting QB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom