David Pindell departs as a UConn great, even without the wins to show for it (Putterman) | The Boneyard

David Pindell departs as a UConn great, even without the wins to show for it (Putterman)

Reaction Score
David Pindell departs as a UConn great, even without the wins to show for it

>>And yet Pindell has been responsible for countless “wow” moments this fall — most of them daring, agile runs. He already holds UConn’s single-season record for rushing yards by a quarterback and has a chance to pass Pete Petrillo’s 50-year-old career mark Saturday. He has completed 60 percent of his passes this season on a respectable 6.4 yards per attempt. And he has accounted for 28 total touchdowns, third most in the American Athletic Conference.

Statistically, Pindell has a case as UConn’s best quarterback since Dan Orlovsky.

“I call him ‘the eraser,’ ” offensive coordinator John Dunn said Tuesday. “He's a guy that has gotten us out of trouble, he’s a guy that’s made defenses adjust and game-plan us a little different. He’s a guy that doesn’t say anything, but he has taken on a role of carrying this offense. I understand the win-loss record, certainly, but we wouldn’t be where we are offensively without him. In terms of the process, the ability to move this offensive team, he’s meant the world.”<<

Reaction Score
We will miss him and it sucks that our backup qb got no experience this year. Next year will be fun

Reaction Score
UConn is 108th in scoring per game, 106th in passing yards per game and 31st in rushing offense per game. What that tells me is you rush for show and pass to score. HCRE2.0 doesn't value ability to pass in his QB's enough and "ability to manage the game" too much. Kind of like the Randy Edsall that sat on the bench at Syracuse.
David played good enough to win more than one game, but going forward need a guy who can really, really pass. That's how "low talent", "young", "not strong enough", "slow" players/teams score more than 106th most points in NCAA. Assuming we can improve defense by reducing opponents scoring by 25% per game will still need to average 38 points per game (which would be Texas Tech/Boise State type scoring) just to tie each game.

Reaction Score
If there is a way to put Pindell in a time machine back to 2007-10 OR ahead 5 years (or whenever Edsall thinks we will be competitive again), I would be a happy guy.

If Pindell were on those teams we win 10 games a year and finish the year ranked. Would look like WVU kind of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom