OT: - David Ortiz Shot | The Boneyard

OT: David Ortiz Shot

Reaction Score
Shot in the leg. Really sad that these athletes are never truly safe when they’re back home.

Reaction Score
At first glance I assumed he's going to be okay because most reports say he was shot in the leg but some are saying he was shot in the back. Remember this is in the DR where the hospitals and info sucks. I know the guy who shot him isn't having a good time. Edit- took down the video, it's too graphic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Security video out there of him getting shot. Sure not a robbery like it was first reported. Point blank, looked intentional as hell.

Reaction Score
Security video out there of him getting shot. Sure not a robbery like it was first reported. Point blank, looked intentional as hell.
Yep, that was a hit. Good thing the guy is a bad shot and didn't get him in the head.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Apparently, he is going to be fine.

Definitely intentional - a crowd caught the guy and thumped him up whilr waiting for police.

Reaction Score
I’ve spent a lot time in the DR and in Haiti. Very dangerous in some areas, especially the DR. Poverty level there makes even the worse parts of the states look almost luxurious . Sleeping on dirt is not uncommon over there. I also did some work in a DR prison, that was an experience

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
DR is having a real bad string of news, that can’t bode well for their tourism based economy.

pj

Reaction Score
Lucky for Ortiz the guy was using cheap ammunition. Hope he gets well soon.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wish him a speedy recovery. Ortiz is a incredibly likable guy. I love his interaction with ARod on broadcasts.

Reaction Score
Stay out of the DR for now. It just isn’t worth the trouble. Too many people get roped in to these dirt cheap resort offers, but it isn’t safe. Unfortunately, when all of these things happen and the local police and the resorts don’t protect Americans from crime, it will just embolden more criminals. No way in hell I’d let my wife or daughters go anywhere in one of those resorts without me these days. Honestly, no way in hell I’d go there at all anyway.

Reaction Score
This is a weird one. You would think if a crime in a place like that was committed against someone of Ortiz's stature it would be a kidnapping. This is exactly what a contract hit looks like. Guy pulls up on motorcycle, other guy gets off and shoots the target. What could possibly be the motivation? Thankfully the bullet went in and out without hitting an major organs, Ortiz is lucky to be alive.

Reaction Score
Went there twice first time I promised myself and everyone we went with I'd never go again. The resort left me with the revenge for the last 4 days couldn't leave the room as I am sure most can imagine why. The plane ride was awful and 2 weeks after I was still suffering some after effects. Got roped into a trip there again due to my wife company and a prize trip but it was at the Hard Rock and was much better, more Americanized for sure, food was really good and looked like food I'd eat here unlike the first trip. The one consistency was how awful the drive was in and out of the compounds, it's a very bad place outside the gates of where you stay. So my wife won yet another trip there and this was a month ago and I couldn't go. I really didn't want her to go but I know she was with many good people as well as her bestie. Now she's reading stuff and said before this shooting I will never go there again. This morning she said I'm happy to have gotten out of there now.

I just don't understand why these guys make millions here and find the need to go back to live there. Visit maybe but bring your family back to the States. This is no place for a multimillionaire to be hanging out, especially the "discotheques" LOL. Not a fan of the man but certainly wish him the best in his recovery and hopefully it's a full recovery.

Reaction Score
Stay out of the DR for now. It just isn’t worth the trouble. Too many people get roped in to these dirt cheap resort offers, but it isn’t safe. Unfortunately, when all of these things happen and the local police and the resorts don’t protect Americans from crime, it will just embolden more criminals. No way in hell I’d let my wife or daughters go anywhere in one of those resorts without me these days. Honestly, no way in hell I’d go there at all anyway.
I saw this the other day and although I'm sure this type of stuff happens everywhere, it made me swear I'd never go to the DR.

Reaction Score
With the poverty in that country, I can see how people could be jealous or resentful of Papi but can’t unserstand why someone would want him assassinated. As of now this appears to be completely senseless.

Reaction Score
Went there twice first time I promised myself and everyone we went with I'd never go again. The resort left me with the revenge for the last 4 days couldn't leave the room as I am sure most can imagine why. The plane ride was awful and 2 weeks after I was still suffering some after effects. Got roped into a trip there again due to my wife company and a prize trip but it was at the Hard Rock and was much better, more Americanized for sure, food was really good and looked like food I'd eat here unlike the first trip. The one consistency was how awful the drive was in and out of the compounds, it's a very bad place outside the gates of where you stay. So my wife won yet another trip there and this was a month ago and I couldn't go. I really didn't want her to go but I know she was with many good people as well as her bestie. Now she's reading stuff and said before this shooting I will never go there again. This morning she said I'm happy to have gotten out of there now.

I just don't understand why these guys make millions here and find the need to go back to live there. Visit maybe but bring your family back to the States. This is no place for a multimillionaire to be hanging out, especially the "discotheques" LOL. Not a fan of the man but certainly wish him the best in his recovery and hopefully it's a full recovery.
It's home

Reaction Score
So now they’re saying vital organs are damaged? He needs to come back and be looked at by American doctors. Generally speaking it is a terrible idea for athletes who made it out of dire situations in ghettos or third world countries to return home. Envious people with nothing to lose are the last people they should be around.
He needs to be stable enough first. They’re saying once he is cleared he’ll be stateside.

Reaction Score
It's funny people in thread saying someone shouldn't live where they want to live. Papi can live anywhere; he wants to be in the DR. He probably enjoys the food, weather, easy going island lifestyle surrounded by his family and friends.

Crazy this happened to him of all people. DR media isn't the most reliable hopefully he's ok and will make a full recovery.

I've been to DR a few times. Not my favorite island but would go again to one of the better/ higher end resorts. Have a project in the DR this winter but not all that excited since I'll be in Tortola, Anguilla, and jamaica prior to the DR

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
>visits another county with a different culture
>upset food doesn't look like it does at home
dude just save some money and vacation to the jersey shore, the chicken nuggets there are 100% all american.

Also, what do you mean most can imagine why you couldn't leave your room?

He made a comment about "the revenge" after eating the food which is short for Montezuma's revenge. It means he spent a lot of time on the toilet for those 4 days.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom