David Onuorah | The Boneyard

David Onuorah

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Isn't it nice to finally have one of these dudes who's built like a brick s**thouse and gets every easy rebound? I don't care if he makes a basket all year, if he can do what he did tonight, it changes the entire equation on defense.

#LightTheOnuorah

Reaction Score
Isn't it nice to finally have one of these dudes who's built like a brick s**thouse and gets every easy rebound? I don't care if he makes a basket all year, if he can do what he did tonight, it changes the entire equation on defense.

#LightTheOnuorah
Also stabilized the defence inside with a big block and definitely changed a few other drives and shots inside. Loved what he brought to the team and he is just a huge guy.

Reaction Score
his screen game was brilliant.. he was the reason why jalen was able to get into the lane late.
also, he had 2 very nice rolls off picks that Larrier couldn't connect on with his passes, if that was JA, AG, or AA.. DO has a look at the basket on those rolls.

edit: im sure Larrier will shake the rust off his passing game soon

Reaction Score
Liked his game a lot but adjustments need to be made when he’s going against a stretch 5. He can’t really defend out to the three point line which hurt us a little bit tonight.

Reaction Score
We need to see Jalen and Gilbert shoot better outside but the screens make it possible for Gilbert who’s small to get in the lane. DO helped them tonight.

Reaction Score
Shocked at how many minutes he got. Liked his game. Strong screens, rebound. Just has to cut down on fouls. Will give Carlton some time to develop instead of being thrown into fire.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
his screen game was brilliant.. he was the reason why jalen was able to get into the lane late.
also, he had 2 very nice rolls off picks that Larrier couldn't connect on with his passes, if that was JA, AG, or AA.. DO has a look at the basket on those rolls.

edit: im sure Larrier will shake the rust off his passing game soon

On the first one, DO absolutely went the wrong way. On the other, Larrier led him too much.

Reaction Score
Onu looked good. He's going to be a fan favorite for sure.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not only is he a brick house, but man are his hands and instincts SO quick to the ball. Later in 2nd Half there was a loose ball in heavy traffic under defensive hoop and he snatched that thing , strong, before anyone could even react to it. In a major scrum. It’s a an hour since game ended and Brimah *may* have just started reaching for the ball now. ( I’m sorry to knock amida, great kid, liked him a lot, but good lord I forgot what it’s like to have bigs with an instinctive ball hunger and the physical tools to realize it. And we have a couple now)

Reaction Score
Liked his game a lot but adjustments need to be made when he’s going against a stretch 5. He can’t really defend out to the three point line which hurt us a little bit tonight.

Wasn't that Cobb who was failing to defend the 3pt shot?

Felt like DO came in during the timeout after their big hit back to back 3pts and then we went I our run.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Big guys that can grab and catch and hold on to the ball

they get their hands on it, it's theirs, and that's been missing a long time

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Did Cobb play in the 2nd?
I was going to ask the same. He seemed missing the whole second half. I was thinking were is Cobb when you need him? I like this kid. Nice inside presence. Carlton not bad either. Seemed like the start of the game they were owning the boards.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
After all of the seasons we've spent getting killed on the boards, this is very refreshing. Still not too pleased with the perimeter D though.
I agree, but they still had to make the shot. Another lights out "3" team that almost beat us. AND it is only the second game of the season.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
...i can't take credit for this observation, but...

the 2nd coming of Torraino Walker. Ok, maybe his hair. :)

Reaction Score
Those who saw him in the summer league said not to expect much but DO is much better as a comp piece that only needs to defend, rebound, and set screens. Playground basketball is not a good showcase of his value. If he could develop any pnr offense this team will be so much better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom