David Onuorah, Playing In Pro-Am, Eager To Join Hungry UConn Team | The Boneyard

David Onuorah, Playing In Pro-Am, Eager To Join Hungry UConn Team

Reaction Score
Article from the Courant.

"I think it's going to be a very exciting year," Onuorah said. "With our team, we have a lot of good talent, Terry Larrier coming back, a lot of new pieces coming together. That combined with the coaching staff, which is obviously phenomenal. … I see a sense of hunger. That's something I saw on my visit. It's something I resonate with a lot. This team is very hungry — and you'll see that when we play."

David Onuorah, Playing In Pro-Am, Eager To Join Hungry UConn Team

Reaction Score
I'd love to see a guy just once say, "there's a lot of new pieces that aren't meshing currently and if I had to guess I think we'll hover around .500 all year because the coaches haven't really put a solid plan in front of us yet."

Now granted it would be his last day on the squad, but it would be funny as hell.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see a guy just once say, "there's a lot of new pieces that aren't meshing currently and if I had to guess I think we'll hover around .500 all year because the coaches haven't really put a solid plan in front of us yet."

Now granted it would be his last day on the squad, but it would be funny as hell.

LOL, would be hilarious but ballsy as hell

Reaction Score
I know this thead is a little too positive for some, no chance of likes from many, but it's nice to hear his thoughts. Seems like an intelligent kid who kind if understands what is going on at UConn as well as the importance of this coming year. Hopefully as he states they all do and the hunger is real.

pj

Reaction Score
It's nice that Shonn Miller told him great things about playing for UConn. Possibly what's been missing for UConn recruiting is similar praise from current players. KO needs to get the family environment back. I remember when Vital was thinking of leaving his AAU coach said "he just wants to be loved" suggesting he wasn't sure he was loved at UConn. That shouldn't be in question.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Need kids like this, and if assessment is accurate, I like what I hear regarding the hungry huskies.

We were flat a lot last year, and attitude/mentality was a huge part of that, so it'll be huge if the guys start off with some urgency, rather than finding it once their backs are against the wall.

Reaction Score
Need kids like this, and if assessment is accurate, I like what I hear regarding the hungry huskies.

We were flat a lot last year, and attitude/mentality was a huge part of that, so it'll be huge if the guys start off with some urgency, rather than finding it once their backs are against the wall.

Agreed. Our losses to those two teams which shall not be named seemed, to me, a product of the Top 5 cockiness

Reaction Score
Agreed. Our losses to those two teams which shall not be named seemed, to me, a product of the Top 5 cockiness

No doubt and that's on KO to allow that I really agree. But some of these kids need to be held accountable and I for one doubt KO will allow that again and I doubt Adams, Vital, Gilbert and Larrier will fall prey to that feeling of arrogance vs anyone after those embarrassing losses.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No doubt and that's on KO to allow that I really agree. But some of these kids need to be held accountable and I for one doubt KO will allow that again and I doubt Adams, Vital, Gilbert and Larrier will fall prey to that feeling of arrogance vs anyone after those embarrassing losses.

Hoping Chillious is influential in that department, both on and off the court for players and HC alike. It's something we don't ever mention in favor of discussing his recruiting talents, but Chillious has had 25 years in the game. That's a lot of wisdom to impart on KO and the guys. Hoping it helps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom