David Benedict is a coward | The Boneyard

David Benedict is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If not Edsall then who?

He is on a cheap contract at a time that we should not be splashing cash.

This is also one of the least attractive jobs in CFB.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I know the University won't do it - but it would be nice to hear from RE what is going on and the game plan to move forward. And not the go out and recruit thing or next man up.

Reaction Score
I was wait and see on Edsall for next year. Now that all these transfers are leaving, I’m on the fire Edsall bandwagon. The only reason I saw to retain him was to minimize the transfers. These kids, for the most part, that are leaving aren’t even thanking Edsall. I don’t see how it could possibly get worse. I know he’s not getting fired, so I hope I am dead wrong about this. Come on UConn!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1575659943802.gif

Reaction Score
I know the University won't do it - but it would be nice to hear from RE what is going on and the game plan to move forward. And not the go out and recruit thing or next man up.

Edsall told me to tell you he's ten toes in.

Reaction Score
Of the 3 stooges we hired recently, Edsall was the worst hire by far. He was guaranteed to be a failure. And that's on Benedict.

Reaction Score
I'm a huge DB supporter but he's really is dropping the ball here. They need to move on with Edsall. How can you bring him back after this mess? Who's going to spend money on tickets next year?

Reaction Score
I'm a huge DB supporter but he's really is dropping the ball here. They need to move on with Edsall. How can you bring him back after this mess? Who's going to spend money on tickets next year?

How can you be a DB supporter - the one sport that drives $$$ if doing well he cast to the side. DB needs to go too.

Reaction Score
How can you be a DB supporter - the one sport that drives $$$ if doing well he cast to the side. DB needs to go too.
Because since DB has come to the program things have gone in the right direction within the Atheltic Department.

He got rid of Diaco.
He got Hurley for the MBB team.
He got the basketball team in the NBE.
He put together a solid Independent schedule.
Donations/season ticket purchases have become more transparent.

The big mess up he's had is the hiring of Edsall. However, most people were happy with the hire at the time.

So if he went out a fired Randy and got a young new coach I can't see how people could really hate the guy. He truly cares about this program and wants to get it back to a high level. 1

Reaction Score
Does DB do exit interviews with the transferring players?

Reaction Score
I want to come to this board one time - just one flippin' time - and see some good news regarding UConn Football that isn't that we filled slots on our future schedules.

Reaction Score
Because since DB has come to the program things have gone in the right direction within the Atheltic Department.

He got rid of Diaco.
He got Hurley for the MBB team.
He got the basketball team in the NBE.
He put together a solid Independent schedule.
Donations/season ticket purchases have become more transparent.

The big mess up he's had is the hiring of Edsall. However, most people were happy with the hire at the time.

So if he went out a fired Randy and got a young new coach I can't see how people could really hate the guy. He truly cares about this program and wants to get it back to a high level. 1

I think he leaves the second he gets an offer from a P5 school. And good riddance. The football programs fate was sealed under his watch.

Reaction Score
I think he leaves the second he gets an offer from a P5 school. And good riddance. The football programs fate was sealed under his watch.
I hate to break it to you UConn is always going to be a stepping stone job for ADs. We aren't Michigan, UNC, Texas, etc.

And the football programs fate wasn't sealed under his watch. You can put that blame on past ADs.

Reaction Score
I hate to break it to you UConn is always going to be a stepping stone job for ADs. We aren't Michigan, UNC, Texas, etc.

And the football programs fate wasn't sealed under his watch. You can put that blame on past ADs.

Plenty of blame to go around on the destruction of the athletic program - but make no mistake DB is part of it.

Reaction Score
Plenty of blame to go around on the destruction of the athletic program - but make no mistake DB is part of it.
I'm not exonerating him from this mess but he deserves some praise/appreciation in certain areas of this program.

Reaction Score
I'm not exonerating him from this mess but he deserves some praise/appreciation in certain areas of this program.

he did a good job with next years schedule on such short notice. That’s about it. Going to the big east will be his legacy and it will not age well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom