Dave Clawson-Bowling Green | The Boneyard

Dave Clawson-Bowling Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know many here like Lembo better, but I"m watching play against Buffalo, and the first thing that stood out to me is that their Olinemen can move pretty well and don't have the huge guts hanging over their belt line. They are up 17-7, late in the third against UB, the winner goes to the MAC Championship game against Northern Illinois. In this game, admittedly i haven't seen much of BGSU, they have rushed for over 200, and held UB to under 30 yds rushing.

I like Clawson. We could do a lot worse.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Agreed. If we can't get Narduzzi or Lembo, I would't be p1ssed about hiring Clawson. I like the idea of hiring a top coordinator or a MAC coach.

Reaction Score
Clawson is a good candidate, but I still very much prefer Lembo.

Lembo's regular season is now over and he is available to interview. Ball State averaged 40 points per game this year (48 @Virginia), both Ball State losses were close, toss-up games in the 4th quarter. Georgetown grad, NYC guy, Michigan fan. Lembo's personality tells me he would be a great recruiter, very smart and likable.

C'mon Warde, reel him in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Clawson is a good candidate, but I still very much prefer Lembo.

Lembo's regular season is now over and he is available to interview. Ball State averaged 40 points per game this year (48 @Virginia), both Ball State losses were close, toss-up games in the 4th quarter. Georgetown grad, NYC guy, Michigan fan. Lembo's personality tells me he would be a great recruiter, very smart and likable.

C'mon Warde, reel him in.

I think that Lembo is the superior candidate. Clawson is interesting, but the rumblings about the complexity of his offense make me hesitant.

Reaction Score
Lembo's personality tells me he would be a great recruiter, very smart and likable.

Ironically many of the Lehigh fans virtually ran him out of Bethlehem years ago because they felt he had an abrasive personality and had no desire to talk to alums. They celebrated when he left but later many of them probably wanted him back a couple years later. Now they are very happy with Andy Coen, however, who has done better there than Lembo ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom