Dave Benedict early contender for UGA AD job | The Boneyard

Dave Benedict early contender for UGA AD job

Reaction Score

Posting on this board bc I think it’s more consequential towards football.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what happens, the reality is that Benedict will not retire as the UConn AD. Im sure his name will continue to come up for other Power 5 jobs. He doesn't owe UConn anything at this point. Benedict got us back into the Big East, he hired Dan Hurley, and he was able to get new facilities built as well. With that said, I don't want him to leave because I think he is doing a great job.

Reaction Score
There has been a pretty amazing transformation of the soccer stadium and practice field, the baseball and lastly the softball facilities. That was a huge project that should pay dividends when life is back to normal. Credit to AD Dave for helping this to occur.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what happens, the reality is that Benedict will not retire as the UConn AD. Im sure his name will continue to come up for other Power 5 jobs. He doesn't owe UConn anything at this point. Benedict got us back into the Big East, he hired Dan Hurley, and he was able to get new facilities built as well. With that said, I don't want him to leave because I think he is doing a great job.

A baby could have gotten us into the Big East which was a lateral move at best.

Reaction Score
A baby could have gotten us into the Big East which was a lateral move at best.

Truly absurd statement. Liberty and Coastal Carolina are currently ranked in the football top 25 - If we start to win in football we will be fine.

If we stay in the AAC, our world class basketball teams would be forced to play here in perpetuity:
1606837919486.png

Reaction Score
Not the worst place to see a game, they sell craft beer.

Plus the seats are padded. That said, the attendance in bball as well as fball has been dropping everywhere. I'm not sure the trend is not towards much smaller venues. Tv/streaming is definitely a growth play in sports.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The move to the Big East and Football Independence took guts. NO need to judge until we have been an independant playing for 5 years. Right now, we haven't taken a snap as an indy. My gut tells me we can make out financially better overall if football wins again and he retains/improves on the home schedule.

Reaction Score
The move to the Big East and Football Independence took guts. NO need to judge until we have been an independant playing for 5 years. Right now, we haven't taken a snap as an indy. My gut tells me we can make out financially better overall if football wins again and he retains/improves on the home schedule.
It will work as long as P5 schools will continue to want to play UConn an pay UConn. Otherwise it will be a tough haul.

Reaction Score
If memory serves correct ex UConn ADs landed AD jobs at Kansas and Michigan. If Georgia hires DB it’s just one more ex UConn guy at a top school. I may well be missing another AD

Reaction Score
Truly absurd statement. Liberty and Coastal Carolina are currently ranked in the football top 25 - If we start to win in football we will be fine.

If we stay in the AAC, our world class basketball teams would be forced to play here in perpetuity:
View attachment 61899
Maybe if we could win there......

Reaction Score
Hardly chalk that as a victory for AD David Benedict. A concession more than anything. No matter what the basketball boards say, there simply isn’t enough of a boost to BE basketball as opposed to the American to justify the effective destruction of any future for the football program, which is exactly what happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom