Data Shows UConn Grads Staying In State | The Boneyard

Data Shows UConn Grads Staying In State

Reaction Score
The article says 70% of Native CTers are staying in the state after graduation. Only 30% of out of staters stay, and not sure how long they take into account.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The article says 70% of Native CTers are staying in the state after graduation. Only 30% of out of staters stay, and not sure how long they take into account.

I'm an out of stater (North Carolina) that came to school at UConn and then headed back home to North Carolina after graduation. I got my job in Charlotte in November of my Senior year.

I think the criteria obviously is skewed for this a little bit. People who move to NY/NJ or MA for work aren't technically 'staying in state" but for all intents and purposes any grad going to work in NYC might as well still be "in state". If you live in Stamford but commute to work in NYC are you "in state"?

Reaction Score
I'm an out of stater (North Carolina) that came to school at UConn and then headed back home to North Carolina after graduation. I got my job in Charlotte in November of my Senior year.

I think the criteria obviously is skewed for this a little bit. People who move to NY/NJ or MA for work aren't technically 'staying in state" but for all intents and purposes any grad going to work in NYC might as well still be "in state". If you live in Stamford but commute to work in NYC are you "in state"?

Very true, i'm not sure what the article is trying to prove? Is it saying that recent grads are finding jobs in CT? or Just they are choosing to remain living in the area? You could easily be part of that 70% and be unemployed on your parents couch.

The whole time I lived in Stamford, I was commuting to White Plains in NY, but now i both live and work in NY.

Reaction Score
Given the lack of jobs for graduates in the US economy, where could they go?

IMHO, this isn't driven by anything positive in Connecticut. My guess is they are staying with their parents longer than previous grads who had more opportunity to move.

Reaction Score
Given the lack of jobs for graduates in the US economy, where could they go?

IMHO, this isn't driven by anything positive in Connecticut. My guess is they are staying with their parents longer than previous grads who had more opportunity to move.

yes the article is being deceptive

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom