2025 Recruiting: - Darius Acuff Jr 5*: ‘I probably want to get to (visit) UConn’ | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Acuff Jr 5*: ‘I probably want to get to (visit) UConn’

Reaction Score
They definitely don‘t lead for him at this point, but it’s clear that these 5 star guys are finally seeing the program for what it is again (and it only took back to back championships, no idea why they didn’t do that earlier!)

“I probably want to get to UCONN and a couple more schools,” he told ZAGSBLOG in an exclusive interview. “It is a great school and they are tough. They play real basketball and it is a winning program.”

Interesting what back to back championships does to the perception.

Reaction Score
“I probably want to get to UCONN and a couple more schools,” he told ZAGSBLOG in an exclusive interview. “It is a great school and they are tough. They play real basketball and it is a winning program.”

Interesting what back to back championships does to the perception.
Not just back to back championships, but dominant back to back championships. UConn 2023 was the first team since the 64-team started that won each game by at least 13 points or more. Most people didn't think it would happen again for a long time, but it did. In fact the next year, by who? UConn again.

Yes, that's going to be noticed by anyone and everyone who cares about basketball (pros and college) even if UConn does not have the biggest fanbase in comparison to other schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not just back to back championships, but dominant back to back championships. UConn 2023 was the first team since the 64-team started that won each game by at least 13 points or more. Most people didn't think it would happen again for a long time, but it did. In fact the next year, by who? UConn again.

Yes, that's going to be noticed by anyone and everyone who cares about basketball (pros and college) even if UConn does not have the biggest fanbase in comparison to other schools.
And it's not like that came out of the blue, given that we had four national championships that proceeded it.

Reaction Score
UConn is becoming dare I say…the Dream School…of a generation of new high level recruits.
15 years ago when campus was what it was and both programs were still practicing in Gampel, I could see recruits looking at the locations/campuses, $$$, the threat of JC retiring, and facilities of a Puke or UNC or KU or UK; and JC and the program alone wouldn’t be enough to make UConn a dream school.

But now that campus is going through a renaissance, we have among the best facilities in the country, NIL is out in the open and we have some big donors chipping in, young Hurley and his staff killing it, and of course now with three championships since JC left, UConn is absolutely poised as a dream school

Reaction Score
I was wrong about Acuff & McKenney who apparently aren't playing. #1 is apparently Mason Blackwood who will be at New Hampton

awy

Reaction Score
hurley is brutally honest and fair with his players. even if uconn becomes a dream school, they won't overrecruit and will give every player a personalized development path that can actually showcase their skills and grow their game.

unlike cal who is a timeshares salesman promising nonexistent development and then use the fact that NBA teams know kentucky often do not showcase their prospects well so they get drafted above their performances as proof of his model working well for players.

Reaction Score
Well, I certainly would accept four more.

(my iPhone is duly embarrassed for that voice text error)
Did you edit your post? I'm lost on what was incorrect about it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did you edit your post? I'm lost on what was incorrect about it.
Precede versus proceed.

Reaction Score

Yet Uconn took a back seat to Caitlin Clark. Greatest two year run in 30 years and all BSPN could talk about was C...F...C!

Reaction Score
They definitely don‘t lead for him at this point, but it’s clear that these 5 star guys are finally seeing the program for what it is again (and it only took back to back championships, no idea why they didn’t do that earlier!)

MY dream class is Dybantsa, Thomas, Acuff and Bundalo. Could you imagine pulling that class?

awy

Reaction Score
prob won't get both acuff and thomas. stock up on big shooters

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin