2025 Recruiting: - Darius Acuff Jr 5*: ‘I probably want to get to (visit) UConn’ (Merged threads) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Acuff Jr 5*: ‘I probably want to get to (visit) UConn’ (Merged threads)

Reaction Score
Made cut

Attachments

• IMG_3824.jpeg
    IMG_3824.jpeg
    516.1 KB · Views: 217
Reaction Score
Arkansas fans think they're getting Acuff and they got a recent on3 crystal ball thinger. Then Kansas would get Darryn Peterson and maybe we get Lewis (if we can fight off Kentucky, Louisville and UNC).

Reaction Score
Amazing how far we’ve come recruiting. Any idea who the priorities are outside of Meleek Thomas?

Reaction Score
We're going hard after 2025 guards. Manahey/Nowell/Ball/a couple of these 2025 guys is a really strong backcourt

Reaction Score
Look at who we get visits from. Lewis, Adams recently.
Yeah I’ve been following. Just not sure who we prefer amongst these guys since I assume we can’t take them all

Reaction Score
Funny how last year we got a ring, 5th chip in 24 years and the five stars stayed away. It took back to back to get to where we are. First with Liam and now the floodgates are open to play for the best coach in the country.

Reaction Score
I would expect part of the pitch with Nowell was that he'd be at UConn for at least 2 years unless he breaks out in a real way.
That’s what I’m thinking. And if Acuff sees himself as a true point guard distributor, I question if it’s the best fit for a high level 5 star recruit.

Reaction Score
For the life of me I still can’t understand why Calipari gets the recruits he does. How does this guys stench not stick to him?
He has a type he looks for and that type meshes well with him. Winning is not the most important thing. Getting to the league as quickly as possible and instant gratification are top priorities.

Reaction Score
For the life of me I still can’t understand why Calipari gets the recruits he does. How does this guys stench not stick to him?
It's simple. Money. In Arkansas he will have the richest people willing to shell out money for NIL. And young recruits still see him as a gateway to millions in the league with some of the big names in NBA coming from Kentucky. I don't agree with young recruits seeing Calipari that way because these recruits could have gone to school anywhere and still made it to the NBA as lottery picks. Maybe not all of the recruits, but most of them, it wouldn't have mattered what school they attended.

awy

Reaction Score
it's not clear what development if any cal does with the players. the standard story with kentucky players is basically "yea cal misused him and didn't showcase what he's about but he was a top 5 recruit and look at the high school tape."

the whole kentucky bump is premised on the idea that they are better than their kentucky performances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom