Danny O to the NFL booth soon? | The Boneyard

Danny O to the NFL booth soon?

Reaction Score
Good for him, and wouldn’t be terrible to have a pro-UConn agent in the NFL media.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
If you not been following DO on Twitter, go and review his tweets. Great film work on breakdown of QB play and OC strategy.

I have seen his work referenced by SI's MMQB and NBCSC morning program in the past week. Making noise and getting credit.

Reaction Score
Be more like Tony Romo and less like John Madden.

My all time favorite color commentator was the 1 year Bill Walsh spent in the booth in between retiring from the Niners and coaching Stanford. His pre-snap dialogue and his live-game observations were head and shoulders above anyone in the booth at that time (Merlin Olson, Bob Trumpy, John Madden etc....)

BTW ...I never understood the love affair with Madden in the booth. How did he coach a team to a Super Bowl when all he brought to a broadcast was grass stains, boom sound effects, and turkey legs?? Not to mention he kept saying the Pats were making a big mistake by going for the win on that final drive vs the Rams ....

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Dan has been great to follow on Twitter. I wish him all the best. I wouldn't be shocked to see him on NFL Network on one of those shows that breaks down film next year. I don't see him as a guy who talks about the splash headlines and instead offers real insight into the game, which is a good thing!

I hope we see him on TV real soon!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Dan tends to push the limits on sharing harsh opinions. I hope he makes it and manages to keep it. He doesn’t have any rope to get caught in jams like he did with AD David Benedict a few weeks back. There is an art to delivering tv sports opinions.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Dan tends to push the limits on sharing harsh opinions. I hope he makes it and manages to keep it. He doesn’t have any rope to get caught in jams like he did with AD David Benedict a few weeks back. There is an art to delivering tv sports opinions.
Agreed but the NFL player boot camp is where these players go to learn how to do just what you said. They learn that broadcasting is not Taitter and you need to be careful with what you say. However, I hope he still keeps it's real.

Reaction Score
Dan was on the Will Cain show on ESPN talking about the 2018 QB class.

Reaction Score
Dan was on the Will Cain show on ESPN talking about the 2018 QB class.[/

Do you know if this show was archived? I would like to hear what Dan had to say about the 2018 class. Any info would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
Twitter loves DanO.
“Orlovsky is spot on. He should be on TV more. He's credible, informative and easy to listen to. He also brings more than cliches to the discussion. “Magical sloppiness”. He should trademark that one.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom