Danny Diaco? | The Boneyard

Danny Diaco?

Reaction Score
“We’re a formidable team. When we’re healthy and fully-loaded, we’re a problem. We could easily be sitting as a top-5 team in the country right now if we closed out games a little bit better, or found a way to win these.

“But, we’ve got to stop losing.”

Hey we would be great if we didn’t lose! If you told me that quote came from Bob Diaco I wouldn’t be shocked at all as it is something he would say.

Reaction Score
I’ve been as critical of Hurley’s in-game coaching as anyone, but this is a horrendous take.

In four years, Hurley has taken a program that was barren in talent and turned it into what looks like a perennial tourney team. He needs to fix some of the in-game stuff, but you’re truly clueless if you’re trying to draw any comparisons with Diaco.

Reaction Score
Hurley doesn't say much of anything meaningful to the press. I care about the product on the court--everything else is fluff.
True. Product not matching talent. There's season left. I would like to see winning plays when it matters.

Reaction Score
I’ve been as critical of Hurley’s in-game coaching as anyone, but this is a horrendous take.

In four years, Hurley has taken a program that was barren in talent and turned it into what looks like a perennial tourney team. He needs to fix some of the in-game stuff, but you’re truly clueless if you’re trying to draw any comparisons with Diaco.
Nobody compares with Bob Diaco as a coach and Hurley’s success just at Wagner and URI makes it clear.

Was just pointing out the quote was Diacoesque.

pj

Reaction Score
Nobody compares with Bob Diaco as a coach and Hurley’s success just at Wagner and URI makes it clear.

If the team was 4-10 the quote would be Diacoesque.

At 10-4 with four close losses, it's not unreasonable to focus his players' attention on the few things that would stop them from losing.

Diaco never had a winning season. Hurley has never had a losing season after year 2 at a school. That context makes a big difference to the legitimacy of the statement.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We all made fun of Diaco when he suggested putting football games on Nickelodeon. Now the NFL broadcasts playoff games on that channel.

Guy couldn’t coach, but may not have been as crazy as we all thought… brilliant marketer.

Reaction Score
has there ever been a post that has gotten all thumbs down?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DH and Diaco are not even compatible

DH is far from a finished product, whether he likes to think so or not- however - Diaco was in the reject bucket at first inspection

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score

Are you serious?

Reaction Score
“We’re a formidable team. When we’re healthy and fully-loaded, we’re a problem. We could easily be sitting as a top-5 team in the country right now if we closed out games a little bit better, or found a way to win these.

“But, we’ve got to stop losing.”

Hey we would be great if we didn’t lose! If you told me that quote came from Bob Diaco I wouldn’t be shocked at all as it is something he would say.
Danny is terrific. He is an excellent Xs and Os coach too. I don't know what you guys want other than not losing games. I mean, they should be better than 10-4, and probably will be. They aren't a Final 4 team IMO. They are Sweet 16 right now. A 4 and 5 seed. We'll see where they are in March.

Reaction Score
Danny is terrific. He is an excellent Xs and Os coach too. I don't know what you guys want other than not losing games. I mean, they should be better than 10-4, and probably will be. They aren't a Final 4 team IMO. They are Sweet 16 right now. A 4 and 5 seed. We'll see where they are in March.
They're either going to be better than or worse than 10-4 after Wednesday night.

In all seriousness, a lot of work to do to get a 4 or 5 seed and be a Sweet 16 team. Hopefully the improvements start against the Johnnies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom