Daniels | The Boneyard

Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has all the makings of a superstar:

he can do it all. He is scoring form all over. He is rebounding. He is defending.

We need to count our blessings that he waited until the year was almost done to hit his stride, or he'd be gone.

Next year the dude is going to be unreal, and may average 20/10/3/2 kind of numbers.

It has been awesome this year watching him come of age.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Kemba had his coming out game at the end of his soph year against nova I think Daniels is doing the same thing (so far)

Reaction Score
This is the advantage to having Napier out, I think. It forced Daniels to become more of the focal point of the offense, and if Napier comes back, it will relieve some of his burden.

Now, the disadvantages to having Napier out...

Reaction Score
With Daniels he has proven to me he can be a lotto pick next year. His back looks healthy! If he improves his conditioning and dribbling(which already has), and a screen and fade with him and Napier would be deadly. Both Daniels and Napier would be elite shooters. Also slowing down the game and seeing what his length allows him
To do defensively, it's intriguing. His iq is very high and rotates well, leading to weak side
Blocks and steals. We can win a chip with this kid.

Reaction Score
Its a coming out for sure but not a sign of readiness. Daniels still needs to show consistency for multiple games. The challenge or danger for him is to keep his head on the ground (made easier due to the end of the season).

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Its a coming out for sure but not a sign of readiness. Daniels still needs to show consistency for multiple games. The challenge or danger for him is to keep his head on the ground (made easier due to the end of the season).

I think we've already seen the consistency 4 of the past 5 games though. One game he played limited minutes in a blowout win (against Depaul, perhaps resting an injury? can't remember)

But he's averaged 17.5 (20.8 if you take out Depaul) points, 7.6 rebounds, and over 3 blocks and has had two double-doubles over the past 5 games.

Reaction Score
Obviously Napier coming back is the single most important thing that will determine how good we are next year. But what DeAndre's been doing down the stretch is #2 on that list.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It may be an overstatement, but Daniels last night reminded me a little of Charlie V. toward the end of his sophomore year, especially that game at the Carrier Dome. Just a huge talent finally figuring out how to take advantage of it.

Reaction Score
That turn around fade away jumper is a thing of beauty. Looks like he has that down. He can mix it in with strong moves to the basket and he will have defenders jumping all over the place trying to stop him. What a weapon. IMO, one of the most desirable offensive moves one can possess.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is getting a little concerned that maybe we might have to ask whether or not he's coming back? Obviously we know he needs another year, and I'm sure the coaching staff will tell him the same, but I still remember him telling Zags after he committed that he saw himself as a 2 and done player. He's coming on very strong, hopefully this is just to build momentum for next season. I think the NCAA setting such a hardline on the early entrant process is stupid but it will be nice to know where the team stands right away and we can put to rest the speculation of who's leaving.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is getting a little concerned that maybe we might have to ask whether or not he's coming back? Obviously we know he needs another year, and I'm sure the coaching staff will tell him the same, but I still remember him telling Zags after he committed that he saw himself as a 2 and done player. He's coming on very strong, hopefully this is just to build momentum for next season. I think the NCAA setting such a hardline on the early entrant process is stupid but it will be nice to know where the team stands right away and we can put to rest the speculation of who's leaving.

Yeah, he said that when he committed. But he was a top-10 player who probably figured he was going to score double digits as a freshman and then dominate in year 2.

Reaction Score
I think he doesn't have sufficient buzz. His body isn't ready yet. for instance look at harkless making an impact in the league. Same age as Daniels, but Daniels IMO has more talent. He needs to get his body right. His upside is tremendous as a stretch 3/4, I'm hoping Ollie can convince him that he can be a top 10 pick in a loaded draft next year. He's better than porter IMO.

Reaction Score
He will also have the greenest of lights next year. if our guards feed him. hopefully he likes our guards lol. If not...

Reaction Score
He will also have the greenest of lights next year. if our guards feed him. hopefully he likes our guards lol. If not...

I think Bazz has no issues feeding him, he's spent entire 1st halves trying to do just that but outside of that Harvard game DD wasn't playing anywhere close to this level. He really should be our leading scorer next year, 18ppg+ should be the goal.

D

DanDar

Daniels needs to get stronger in his upper body. He front rimmed alot of the hook shots last night. When he's left alone he can hit his shots but with a body on him they don't seem to be getting to the rim.

Reaction Score
I would like to see him thicker next year. He will be a force with more weight and strength.

Reaction Score
No he doesn't need more weight. I mean maybe a little more but his first step could be jeopardized if he attempts to get huge.Core strength, his back, and endurance are key. His game isn't predicated by strength he has skills that 6'8 guys don't.
Daniels needs to hit the weight room because he is front rimming hook shots ? eye rolling happening

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
What's interesting about Daniels is his eFG% has basically been flat since popping from 45% to 50% in December. His output of production recently has been simply a matter of him putting up more shots. Although outside the numbers I think we all can agree the variety of offensive moves he now has in his toolkit is increasing exponentially. My favorite part of the USF game was when he pivoted away from the baseline and whoever he beat had this exasperated look on their face like there was nothing to be done about staying in front of him.

I am really excited about adding depth next year and that translating into pressure defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom