OT- Daniel Jones | The Boneyard

OT- Daniel Jones

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So if you think a week is enough to come back from a concussion just look at Jones performance today. He had I business being out there

Reaction Score
A fully healthy Giants team had no business playing against the Rams, let alone no oline without Andrew Thomas and Kadarius Toney coming out of the game. it’s like watching Alabama or Georgia against UConn, the Rams dominated the Bucs.

Reaction Score
Trifecta of injured receivers, poor pass protection to throw to healthy receiver, Rams' pass rushing.

Plus top notch opponent and no credible run game.

Not sure if there is a word for the 5 items instead other adding the other two of them to trifecta.

Reaction Score
Need to address the oline and defense in the draft nothing else. Not saying Jones is the answer this upcoming qb class isn’t good you need to build the team then go get the qb.

Reaction Score
The last time we had a quarterback from Duke we got Eli. Who's up next? Jones is the worst.

Reaction Score
The Giants have so many problems that it's hard to tell if the concussion had any effect on Jones. They're just so bad all around.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Giants have so many problems that it's hard to tell if the concussion had any effect on Jones. They're just so bad all around.
It’s quite a bit like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze.

Reaction Score
The giants will move on from Jones. He’ll become backup for the Saints or a similar team. He’ll come in after an injury and be awesome.

Reaction Score
I’m not going to overreact over one game. We are missing our best offensive players, the dude could barely stand after a concussion just a week ago, and the Rams are one of the best teams in the league.

Before he got hurt in the Dallas game he looked like a different dude, and was making smart plays and protecting the football.

Reaction Score
Jones is having a good year till today and against a real good team he had a rough game. According to wfan he cleared concussion protocol and practiced Friday. Not making excuses for him but could have been off his game to lack of practice. Only one game but didn't expect the giants to be 1-5.

Reaction Score
I’m not going to overreact over one game. We are missing our best offensive players, the dude could barely stand after a concussion just a week ago, and the Rams are one of the best teams in the league.

Before he got hurt in the Dallas game he looked like a different dude, and was making smart plays and protecting the football.
The Rams dominated the Bucs. Giants weren’t coming within 3 tds of the Rams fully healthy. It’s not too long the Rams we’re the worst team in the NFL, it shows how quickly you can turn it around also shows you how quickly you can destroy a franchise.

I would rather roll with Jones in year 4 then fall into this trap of drafting a qb high just for the sake of taking 1 in what looks like a weak qb class, build the team then go get the qb.

Reaction Score
There is no clear number 1 QB in this draft. You stick with Jones for next year, get rid of DG, draft for the OL and Edge positions and once his contract is over you can move on.

I'm pretty over the Judge experiment. But mostly I want Dave Gettleman gone.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Rams dominated the Bucs. Giants weren’t coming within 3 tds of the Rams fully healthy. It’s not too long the Rams we’re the worst team in the NFL, it shows how quickly you can turn it around also shows you how quickly you can destroy a franchise.

I would rather roll with Jones in year 4 then fall into this trap of drafting a qb high just for the sake of taking 1 in what looks like a weak qb class, build the team then go get the qb.
Agreed. The Giants have many faults, but historically impatience has not been one of them. To the contrary they are frequently patient to a fault. We simply don’t have enough data on Jones to know one way or the other due to pretty extenuating circumstances.

I have no idea if he’s the guy or not, but I remember a high school kid, huge Giant fan who was down on Phil Simms because of his rocky first few seasons and injuries, etc. Then I happened to meet him at a father-son sports night at my high school. As I shook his hand I was immediately impressed by his confidence and I had faith in him after that.

It took a while, but he turned out okay. Unless we are in position to get a no-miss guy, I am okay waiting on Jones to see how much there is there.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It’s not the QB that’s the Giants ongoing issue it’s the supporting cast but the QB always takes the heat. People killed Manning but he has 2 rings and on any other team he would be hands down HoFer

Reaction Score
Also need depth at the corners, and a decent RB whether by free agency or later in the draft, and probably don't re-sign Saquan unless he isn't looking for a fortune. He is just too injury prone.

Reaction Score
Gettleman has put the Giants in cap hell for the next few years. With a weak QB class I'd be shocked if the move is anything other than a new GM/coach sticking with Jones for a year and drafting a guy in 2023. FA QBs are pretty much impossible to fit with their cap and a second contract for Jones is the same unless he's somehow an elite QB over the next season and a half

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

He was pretty awful on the Dallas game minus toney making a beyond impossible catch.

Reaction Score
Jones is not the issue you’re missing the point if that’s what you come up with.

Move on from Gettelmam, get healthy on O and get a defense that has some athletes and a pass rush. Until then same ol.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Tanking for Arch Manning only 5 more years.

Only 2 more for Caleb Williams.

Better plan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom