Daniel Hamilton, the shooter | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton, the shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love watching this kid play, as he can affect the game in so many ways. He's an elite rebounder and excellent facilitator. The problem is he's a 38% career shooter and takes the most shots on the team, despite being statistically the worst shooter on the team.

They used to say Jason Kidd could dominate a game in high school without scoring. That was true for a good portion of his career, until he lost some quickness and miraculously reinvented himself as a three point shooter later in his NBA career. I think Hamilton possesses the same ability, with his rebounding, ability to push the ball on the break and his playmaking.

Miller shoots 59% but 2.5 times less per game than Hamilton. Maybe Hamilton will become the consistent shooter we've all expected, but until then, a redistribution of shots could go a long way and probably make a difference in some of these 1-5 point losses.

Reaction Score
I love watching this kid play, as he can affect the game in so many ways. He's an elite rebounder and excellent facilitator. The problem is he's a 38% career shooter and takes the most shots on the team, despite being statistically the worst shooter on the team.

They used to say Jason Kidd could dominate a game in high school without scoring. That was true for a good portion of his career, until he lost some quickness and miraculously reinvented himself as a three point shooter later in his NBA career. I think Hamilton possesses the same ability, with his rebounding, ability to push the ball on the break and his playmaking.

Miller shoots 59% but 2.5 times less per game than Hamilton. Maybe Hamilton will become the consistent shooter we've all expected, but until then, a redistribution of shots could go a long way and probably make a difference in some of these 1-5 point losses.

Good post, I've been thinking the same thing. DHams main problem appears to be that he rushes many of his shots, when he takes his time and takes his shots in the flow of the offense, he's much more accurate. He just needs to develop an awareness of when to shoot and when to pass, maybe it's something that just needs to develop over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom