Daniel Hamilton--best player on team | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton--best player on team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow tonight if he played 36-38 minutes he would had a teen's triple double. Really hes our 6-8 PG. I just cant see how there is any team with a better backcourt?

Hamilton is the best guy on the team and weve got some GREAT GREAT players--many NBA players on this team. He can get his own shot at will has nice form rebounds a great playmaker--he's the big engine on the team.

Reaction Score
13/11/6 in about 25 minutes? I love our backcourt and they will work on penetrating a bit more to get our bigs more scoring. Didn't need it tonight but can't expect this kind of 3 point shooting every game.

Reaction Score
He's really improved his handle/confidence.

Now he needs to improve in two areas and he'll be a truly unstoppable monster:

1. When your open, SHOOT!!! it'll open up all those driving lanes and up fake, making it more effective.
2. Decisiveness on initial touch. If he can add a quick step rather than a delay dribble every time, god, unstoppable.

He'll get there, his gifts are so unique, but watching them start to come together is an absolute pleasure.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is too unselfish. He needs to shoot more. I love the pass first mentality but when your open, shoot.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It was mentioned during the game that Hamilton had spent some time working out with Marcus Williams in California this summer.

Reaction Score
huge improvements already from last year in the ball handling department. can't wait to see what he does this year

Reaction Score
some guys i were watching with wanted him to shoot more and while on one hand i wouldnt mind, its only a problem when they stop respecting his fakes and it stops him from getting to the lane(which isnt happening at all). hes a decent shooter but his biggest talent on offense is clearly passing off the dribble. now if purvis or gibbs turn down any open looks from 3, ill let them hear about it (they wont)

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah but he's also an amazing passer, Him Shabazz and Marcus are the best passers I've seen here, not exaggerating

Doron? Khalid?

Marcus was on a different level but Doron, Khalid and Shabazz were all very close. Still waiting for another 3/4 court chest pass guy like Doron. One of the best I've ever seen at that. So many fast breaks started by him making that pass.

Reaction Score
Doron? Khalid?

Marcus was on a different level but Doron, Khalid and Shabazz were all very close. Still waiting for another 3/4 court chest pass guy like Doron. One of the best I've ever seen at that. So many fast breaks started by him making that pass.
Im only 19 haha I wasn't really around for them, im sure they were just going off players I've seen in person

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don't know if I've ever seen a guy like Hamilton. Just the decisions and passes he makes, his unselfishness and willingness to rebound. It's hard to describe what his game is. Certainly needs some polishing but I can really see this guy thriving at the next level, we'll just have to see how he performs against better competition this year. He just needs the right guys around him, and I think he does this year. He may not be our leader or leading scorer, but he's definitely the best player on the floor.

Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman in typical Jeff Goodman fashion basically called Hamilton a selfish gunner before he suited up for Uconn.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I've ever seen a guy like Hamilton. Just the decisions and passes he makes, his unselfishness and willingness to rebound. It's hard to describe what his game is. Certainly needs some polishing but I can really see this guy thriving at the next level, we'll just have to see how he performs against better competition this year. He just needs the right guys around him, and I think he does this year. He may not be our leader or leading scorer, but he's definitely the best player on the floor.

He's been Kyle Andersonesque this season. A little smaller but more athletic and a guy that can penetrate into the middle of the paint and then use that vision and passing ability to get teammates easy looks. UCLA fans are so lucky that they get to watch Anderson and then have Hamilton come in an replace him just a few years later.

Reaction Score
Most importantly, Hamilton is a Zone killer. His ability to get inside to the free throw line, either shoot at a high percentage, dribble one step away from the rim, or dish on the close down to Miller/Brimah/Facey/Enosch makes him a zone killer

Last night I saw a team that had the pieces to dribble drive dunk or dish for a dunk, I saw a team that has good outside shooting (Gibbs, Purvis, if Calhoun can come around to be that guy off the bench, yikes), and last night I saw a team built to beat any zone thrown our way. PLUS we can run and press.

Can't wait until the Battle 4 Atlantis, hope Syracuse can win enough to play us

Reaction Score
He's established himself as the guy who should have the ball in his hands for a final possession when the game is on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom