Dangerfield getting back up to speed | The Boneyard

Dangerfield getting back up to speed

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Dangerfield getting back up to speed

"When you have the ball in your hands a lot, that automatically means you have certain responsibilities that go with that," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. "Crystal is another one that likes to just go with the flow. There is a lot that her ability dictates that she can do, and I don't think she has done anything remotely close to what that ability is for a lot of reasons."

Where Auriemma is looking for Dangerfield to raise her game is at the defensive end. She has the quickness and athleticism to be a force.

Auriemma said. "When you are a great defender you can lock people up, and you can be disruptive to the other team's entire offense like Moriah was. That is what we are going to need from Crystal."

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno being Geno quote (in reply to Crystal saying she wants/needs to be a lock down defender)

"Yeah I talked about going to law school when I got out of college and here I am coaching," Auriemma said. "I think there is a want to on her part. She wants to. Now she wants to and she has to. When those two things merge that is a lot of times when things happen. So I'm glad she is thinking it and I'm glad that she said it. Two out of three ain't bad."

It is fantastic that she has the target of Moriah to see what is possible on the defensive end. :D

Reaction Score
Dangerfield has been flying under the off-season radar. Playing in pain limited her impact along with being a sophomore playing with 5 current and future upperclass 1st round draft picks. I hope she is past those shin splints. Healthy she could be the most valuable player on the team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal is doing everything right to get healthy. I remember her late season shooting: destroying S.C. with a barrage of threes and nailing one against N.D. when we absolutely needed it. She’ll be feeding Lou, Pheesa, Meg, Liv, and the Legend.

Reaction Score
Moriah is a high standard to set. I don’t think Crystal has even come close. Against ND no uconn player could stop their guards.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Crystal is doing everything right to get healthy.
You have evidence of that?

Against ND no uconn player could stop their guards.

My view is: the only way to stop Ogunbowale is to hope she's missing (which is quite often). I suppose trying to prevent her from getting the ball helps a little...but if she's feeling it, there is no legitimate defense.

Reaction Score

My view is: the only way to stop Ogunbowale is to hope she's missing (which is quite often). I suppose trying to prevent her from getting the ball helps a little...but if she's feeling it, there is no legitimate defense.

Or if you had Moriah Jefferson to get under her skin as she did with every one she guarded.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Yeah, I read what Geno and Crystal said, and I trust the medical staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom