Dan O Not Pleased With How Far UConn Has Fallen (Des) | The Boneyard

Dan O Not Pleased With How Far UConn Has Fallen (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-dan-orlovsky-1005-20141004-story.html

>>The one position where the Huskies haven't been right? Quarterback.

"You could go to Pop Warner all the way up to the league I play in, if you don't have a quarterback you are going to not be as good as you can be or struggle," Orlovsky said. "It goes back to recruiting. It goes back to the mind-set: I want to recruit five good quarterbacks this year and let's see what happens with them. Let's bring every one of them in. You're not going to get the superstar, but there are good quarterbacks out there. And there are good players out there at every position."<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can anyone comment on former players involvement in the program whether it be donating or attendance at the games. I know diaco had a couple forums where he brought some players on, but hardly see them attending games besides maybe Michigan

Reaction Score
Can anyone comment on former players involvement in the program whether it be donating or attendance at the games. I know diaco had a couple forums where he brought some players on, but hardly see them attending games besides maybe Michigan

Is it fair to say that it's tough for former players to be involved in the program with all the turnover coaching wise as well as at the top (Warde and Susan)?

Reaction Score
I think the more this program matures and the more players we put in the league, the more they will expect excellence. It's almost like we had to move from the infancy stage and now need to be acting like we belong. Only then can we demand, and expect, excellence from our football program. The analogy is the Men's hoop team mid 90's. We used to be happy to be there. Now we expect to be and demand it. That is good tension IMO

Reaction Score
One of my senior chiefs who is a lifelong LSU fan (but now cheers for UConn), always used to ask me how we could be so bad yet have all this NFL talent

To this day I don't have an answer

Reaction Score
Boyle has the same physical skill set as Dan O and was as highly recruited out of high school or at least close to it.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Never mind pressure. How about he and the other NFL football alums roll up their sleeves and help? I just saw Bo Jackson on his knees at the 2 yard line at the Auburn game supporting his team. Diaco can't do it himself.

Reaction Score
Is it fair to say that it's tough for former players to be involved in the program with all the turnover coaching wise as well as at the top (Warde and Susan)?

I think Dan O saying "...I don't know [coach Bob] Diaco..." kinda confirms what caused me to write the above comment/question...

That's inexusable IMO... Dan O's a 10 year current NFL vet and doesn't know the current Head Football Coach at UCONN? You kidding me?????

#1 PA Husky Fan

Reaction Score
I think Dan O saying "...I don't know [coach Bob] Diaco..." kinda confirms what caused me to write the above comment/question...

That's inexusable IMO... Dan O's a 10 year current NFL vet and doesn't know the current Head Football Coach at UCONN? You kidding me?????
It's a 2-way street. We can sit idly by and watch this crash are we can all offer support.

Reaction Score
It's a 2-way street. We can sit idly by and watch this crash are we can all offer support.
so are u saying Dan O should be reaching out to the program as well? If so, I get it, BUT it still doesn't make sense that doesn't know our current HC... Somebody dropped the ball on that one... I don't think it was Dan O... especially with baby triplet little boys to tend to with his wife...

#1 PA Husky Fan

Reaction Score
so are u saying Dan O should be reaching out to the program as well? If so, I get it, BUT it still doesn't make sense that doesn't know our current HC... Somebody dropped the ball on that one... I don't think it was Dan O... especially with baby triplet little boys to tend to with his wife...
I am not disagreeing that the current staff needs to reach out to establish a relationship with our NFL alum. That's a big miss, if it's not happening. Doesn't mean that they can't take the initiative to offer support to the new staff. We all want the same thing, a return to being respectable at the highest level.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

They just had 20 guys from the Motor City Bowl team on the field.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
One of my senior chiefs who is a lifelong LSU fan (but now cheers for UConn), always used to ask me how we could be so bad yet have all this NFL talent

To this day I don't have an answer

They weren't bad when a lot of them played. The answer for the recent alumni is Paul Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
Not sure what a bunch of alums can do given NCAA restrictions. New coach, Notre Dame guy etc. All the former players can do is be present to the extent they can be, donate, and be sure that Warde knows where they stand

Reaction Score
They just had 20 guys from the Motor City Bowl team on the field.

Getting recognized in a university sponsored celebration is one thing, I'm talking about dudes showing up on their own accord dieting their bye week

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Getting recognized in a university sponsored celebration is one thing, I'm talking about dudes showing up on their own accord dieting their bye week

Maybe they would play better if Donald Thomas or Tyvon Branch stood on the sideline but I sort of doubt that.

Reaction Score
Maybe they would play better if Donald Thomas or Tyvon Branch stood on the sideline but I sort of doubt that.
They might not play better but they would better understand the expectation of excellence. Our Alums should be on the sidelines casting a long shadow and expecting more

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They might not play better but they would better understand the expectation of excellence. Our Alums should be on the sidelines casting a long shadow and expecting more

We'd need some alumni who actually cast a long shadow for that to be possible.

The quantity of NFL players is impressive, Branch is the best alumnus and it's not like he's a household name.

Reaction Score

Ever think that maybe an active NFL player that has a young family doesn't have a ton of free time on his hands either. He was invited to attended the Motor City Bowl recognition ceremony with the others but had a game that weekend (discussed w/ Joe D in the recorded segment before the game). It's not always a matter of someone dropping the ball. Mutual free time is a huge factor.

Reaction Score
I'm just going to throw this out there and it probably has nothing to do with the situation but... Danny O is a pretty devout Born Again Christian. I was at a Bucs game last year and knew somebody in the ticket office so we got out on the field after the game. The Bucs recently started bringing in Christian Rock bands to try and grab a new type of fan down in the Bible Belt. Before the concert, they were going to have players come up and say some stuff to the crowd. Wouldn't you know it but the second guy up there was Danny O and he was preaching (quite well actually) to the crowd about the date he was born again and so on. Maybe the whole Jesus in the Huddle situation created a rift in that relationship between Team/University and Danny O.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm just going to throw this out there and it probably has nothing to do with the situation but... Danny O is a pretty devout Born Again Christian. I was at a Bucs game last year and knew somebody in the ticket office so we got out on the field after the game. The Bucs recently started bringing in Christian Rock bands to try and grab a new type of fan down in the Bible Belt. Before the concert, they were going to have players come up and say some stuff to the crowd. Wouldn't you know it but the second guy up there was Danny O and he was preaching (quite well actually) to the crowd about the date he was born again and so on. Maybe the whole Jesus in the Huddle situation created a rift in that relationship between Team/University and Danny O.

If you tweeted that from a WVU account some people would actually believe it.

It might be more like he has triplets, knows no one on the staff and it's not that exciting to bring in a career third string NFL QB who is known for starting for an 0-16 team and stepping out of the back of the endzone.

Seriously 90% of the UConn roster couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

Reaction Score
That's why all the maybes and probably nots. Good grief man get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom