Dan Mullen Miss St vs A&M on CBS coming up | The Boneyard

Dan Mullen Miss St vs A&M on CBS coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For those of you interested in seeing what Dan Mullen may bring to the table Miss St/Texas A&M is on CBS.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm watching and scouting. I don't know what I'm rooting for: Miss St to win or lose. Win, and Mullen probably stays put. Lose, and our casual fanbase will complain about him being a "loser". Ultimately, I'd LOVE for him to be our next head coach so go A&M!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Has he been mentioned as a serious option or is he one of the many names just being mentioned as people who may be out there and available? Just curious if I missed something in some other thread.

Reaction Score
Has he been mentioned as a serious option or is he one of the many names just being mentioned as people who may be out there and available? Just curious if I missed something in some other thread.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/dan-mullen-rumor.46554/

http://footballrumormill.com/2013/1...e-football-coaching-news-rumors-monday-nov-4/

"With his team at 4-4, the heat on Mississippi Statecoach Dan Mullen is rising. The Bulldogs could easily lose three of their remaining four games – and even theArkansas game could be considered a toss-up.

Mullen is in danger of losing his job, but some believe he might be working on an exit strategy…

His name has surfaced as a potential candidate to replace the fred Paul Pasqualoni at UConn."

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Thanks medic. Haven't caught up on all the multiple threads about head coach possibilities!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Mullen would be an incredible hire. I'd sign up for that now, no questions asked! What does he not bring that we would be looking for?

- Young coach (41 years old)
- New England roots (part of the 'NH mafia')
- Known as a very excellent recruiter (all of his Miss St classes have been Top 40 classes, with his last couple somewhere around the Top 25 classes....pretty good for Miss St)
- Offensive focus (lead the high power Florida offense before going to MissSt)
- Good history identifying, recruiting, and developing QBs--our biggest opportunity area for many years
- Proven success as a Head Coach at a high level school (as much as MissSt boosters may not like to admit it, having Miss St be a bowl team every year except his first year as coach is impressive for MissSt given their place in the SEC).
- Recruiting connections in the key SE area of the country.

What is there not to like about him? I think Miss St would be incredibly stupid to let him go. If there is any way that we can get him, we need to do it. He would be an incredible hire. And he would immediately bring some credibility and excitement to the program...which we are in desperate need of at this point!

I haven't read through all the posts here...but what is there that someone could possibly not like about him as our next coach? He would be a home run hire...no doubt about it!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I haven't read through all the posts here...but what is there that someone could possibly not like about him as our next coach? He would be a home run hire...no doubt about it!

Based on the pseudo-composite that I've built in my head after reading a bunch of threads, I'd say that the board is most excited about the following candidates, in no particular order: Mullen, Lembo, Narduzzi, and Herman. I think the majority of the board would sign up for either of those candidates in a New York minute.

There are luke-warm feelings for the Houston Nutt's of the world and the like (Tedford, etc.). But I think it's safe to say that you are not alone in thinking Mullen would be a tremendous steal. Let's hope he wants to come back home to New England... (dream job? ;))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate