Dan Hurley, UConn podcast | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley, UConn podcast

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
This is worth a listen and is relatively brief. It was particularly interesting to hear Coach Hurley's breakdown of Andre Jackson's game. He noted AJ is almost 6'7" now, and is by far the most athletic player he's coached (a list that includes JR Smith and, of course, The Bouk of James).

Other notes:
  • Polley expected back to start the year - notes that his game is less reliant on athleticism so less of an issue than with other players
  • Extreme caution with Akok - Coach Hurley notes he is a 1st round draft prospect, and will only return to the court when he feels "incredibly great"
  • More competition for minutes in the frontcourt - Coach Hurley notes competition is paramount for growth, improvement, program-building
  • Coach Hurley expects to be an NCAA Tournament-caliber team this season, as well as very competitive in the Big East
  • Some interesting background on Hurley growing up with his HoF coach father and brother a great at Duke

DISCLAIMER: I happen to like Jon Rothstein

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Great listen. I forgot he can’t talk about Sanogo until he signs his LOI. Anybody know when that’s happening?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My ears perked up when Hurley was asked about RJ. It starts at 15:37. He praised RJ, and immediately framed the rest of the answer in terms of Gaffney and RJ. Looks like we have a battle for the starting PG spot? I personally like Gaffney to start the season. I also believe this has been touched on in another thread.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why ask why?
hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score

Awesome interview, gotta appreciate his candidness in interviews. Dan is successful because he’s obsessive, he’s still pissed about that St. Joes game.... gotta love that. This team is on a mission and I’m excited to see what’s in STORRS!

Reaction Score
I just don't understand how Springs' name never comes up. Regardless of the interviewer I have yet to see or hear any representations as to how Springs looked practicing against the guys during the season, nor what expectations we should have for him. He was a great rebounder until he was out for the season, then nada. I was really hoping for at least something about him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom