Dan Hurley Tulsa postgame presser | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Tulsa postgame presser

Reaction Score
Gets an offensive rebound and short arms a wide open put back a minute into the game rather than dunking it. Knew right then and there it was another one of these games for Carlton.
Lets not forget the same situation in the beginning of overtime.

Reaction Score
Without Carlton we have no bulk no muscle inside and Akok is great but he needs help that we do not have at that position. Not saying to play him or not I agree with Sid and Akok but it’s not enough.
Also without Carlton we look better as a basketball team

Reaction Score
Without Carlton we have no bulk no muscle inside and Akok is great but he needs help that we do not have at that position. Not saying to play him or not I agree with Sid and Akok but it’s not enough.

I often imagine what could have been with Kofi and Akok or Precious and Akok on the floor. Good grief that would be the 1-2 punch we need.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Glue Carlton to the bench. He's essentially useless at this point. He put on all that weight, lost any athleticism he might have had, and is still too soft to accomplish anything.
So you don't think Hurley can succeed in getting him better, like he said it's his job to do?

Reaction Score
I thought Hurley was the most transparent he’s ever been, and he’s right, until we have somebody that can take over these games at the end, its going to be more of the same. It is like we are just one player short. Thats why its so frustrating because it really feels like we could have made that jump this year to be a tournament team. I know its easy to say “next” every time we miss out on a recruit, but this season should show the reality of just how important recruiting is. We have a real solid class coming in next year, and the staff isn’t even done yet. Thats a good sign, but it is just so frustrating that we are going on year four of missing the big dance.

C

Chief00

Hurley was the brutally honest guy Chief00 has heard before but just not at a press conference. Everything he said was on the money.

Reaction Score
Can't help but think that Polley would have made a difference in these last few games.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the player we are missing is a “best player”. Even the much maligned Jalen Adams puts this team in a much better place. We don’t have a closer. Simple as that.

Hurley has these guys ready to play, he just doesn’t have a closer yet. I’m hopeful that Bouk can rise to the occasion one of these nights and we can go from there. However, he needs the ball in his hands at crunch time to do it. That’s where coach has to make a change.

Reaction Score
I’m hopeful that Bouk can rise to the occasion one of these nights and we can go from there. However, he needs the ball in his hands at crunch time to do it. That’s where coach has to make a change.

Gotta get those fouls down in the early going. yea, the refs have been terrible, but he puts himself in position to get a call. Just a freshman learning how to play defense against quality guards. Also isnt quick enough on the first step yet, so he gets beat and his hands stay out in front too often.

But yes, I agree he needs to have the ball in his hands at crunch time. Any possession under 3 minutes, he needs a touch.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It will depend on matchups. Akok would have fouled out in 3 mins against Houston. It's clear we can't roll out the basketballs and book a win. Each game has to be pieced together. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. End of half/games, it certainly hasn't. I feel like Hurley turned a corner with the young lineup featuring Akok and Sid. We will see that more often, but will it work again? Who knows.

At this point in the season, no one should be blaming anyone but themselves for their playing time. Hurley couldn't go straight there early though I think he should have got there after St. Joes. Anyone on the team who doesn't get that can be shown the door. Every player has earned some time on the bench this season.

Reaction Score
I thought Hurley was the most transparent he’s ever been, and he’s right, until we have somebody that can take over these games at the end, its going to be more of the same. It is like we are just one player short. Thats why its so frustrating because it really feels like we could have made that jump this year to be a tournament team. I know its easy to say “next” every time we miss out on a recruit, but this season should show the reality of just how important recruiting is. We have a real solid class coming in next year, and the staff isn’t even done yet. Thats a good sign, but it is just so frustrating that we are going on year four of missing the big dance.
Forget the dance right got now I want to be above .500. That’s it!!!!!

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Just seeing this and in agreement with pretty much everyone on the thread about Hurley's candidness. He gives me a bit of insight of the challenges of being a head coach. He is faced with focusing on his recruits and the future of the program. He has to recognize the seniors commitment to the program and "live with them in the gym" to get them to play better. He has to assess how to best utilize the talent in Sid & B. Adams to help us win now and in the future.

I find Coach Hurley's basketball and social challenges, i.e., not disrespecting seniors, to be immense.

Reaction Score
Forget the dance right got now I want to be above .500. That’s it!!!!!
I mean I agree, but I think If there is a goal for the rest of the season, it should be to at least make the NIT so these kids can have some tournament experience to build on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom