Dan Hurley St. John's Post Game Presser | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley St. John's Post Game Presser

Reaction Score
An agile Clingan is such a weapon. We saw brief glimpses of him completely healthy, and he is on a higher level. When he is gimpy, his whole game suffers including his confidence and free throw shooting. I think Coach Hurley is frustrated with Clingan"s injury prone season, and wants him back at full strength which means keeping himself in shape despite the injury.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The Samson Johnson comments are kind of cringe. If he wants to boast his story he’ll have to have an NBA career.

Otherwise it’ll just seem like he took one for the program despite him having “Wall potential” his freshman year. And that’s not going to be something other kids want to follow.

Reaction Score
Biggest takeaways for me:
He’s not happy with Clingans conditioning and thinks that it is causing his constant injuries
He’s not thrilled Aleyne left. Blames someone (Pitino or others) for making grandiose promises for what was to come at St. John’s for minutes etc. and said we definitely could have used him this year. Loves the kid

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Helping his team win another title would be a pretty nice story.
I agree, but at the end of the day these kids also want to make life changing money and take care of their families. That’s always the main goal.

Especially when you’re suppose to have the talent to do so.

Reaction Score
He’s not happy with Clingans conditioning and thinks that it is causing his constant injuries
He’s not thrilled Aleyne left. Blames someone (Pitino or others) for making grandiose promises for what was to come at St. John’s for minutes etc. and said we definitely could have used him this year. Loves the kid
Announcers talking about UConn mailing Alleyne his NCAA Tournament Championship ring and not driving to St. John's to deliver it.... That's like 3 hours from stores. The kid bailed on the program, mailing is more than fair. Those announcers are clueless.

Alleyne talking about wanting to kill the Huskies. 24 minutes and 2 pts. LOL.

Reaction Score
Announcers talking about UConn mailing Alleyne his NCAA Tournament Championship ring and not driving to St. John's to deliver it.... That's like 3 hours from stores. The kid bailed on the program, mailing is more than fair. Those announcers are clueless.

Alleyne talking about wanting to kill the Huskies. 24 minutes and 2 pts. LOL.
When I heard they mailed it to them I figured the UConn staff was not thrilled with the young man’s decision to bolt…at least not happy he bolted and stayed in conference.

Reaction Score
When I heard they mailed it to them I figured the UConn staff was not thrilled with the young man’s decision to bolt…at least not happy he bolted and stayed in conference.

What were the alternatives? Have Alleyne wait 2 months to get it? Have someone from UConn (Coach or manager) waste an entire day driving to NYC? This is a non story.

Reaction Score
Akok did the same thing though as well.

Reaction Score
What were the alternatives? Have Alleyne wait 2 months to get it? Have someone from UConn (Coach or manager) waste an entire day driving to NYC? This is a non story.
Give it to him in person last night?
Maybe they were willing to give it to him tonight and he wanted it sooner.
It could be a non story and It’s not the end of the world regardless. But Hurley clearly was disappointed with what went down.

Reaction Score

Meh I'm happy Alleyne left. Loved the kid but he wasn't on Cam's level.

Didn't deserve any recognition for jos role in the championship after xfering, but no hard feelings from me. He's just not on our level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom