Dan Hurley Radio Show 2/19/19 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Radio Show 2/19/19

Reaction Score
AG still not at full strength if plays, "1/2 a player" right now...........Hurley said we are down 1 1/2 players with regards to JA & AG.

Been awhile now for AG to still be sore so what is the injury if not structural? I guess he's not permitted to discuss the actual injury & he's protecting AG so why then say AG "1/2 a player" but also "no comment" on medical status.

Next year is obviously the priority, so not going to play AG if not fully healthy but the messaging is odd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AG still not at full strength if plays, "1/2 a player"...has he been diagnosed with anything other than "soreness"?

Been awhile now to still be sore so what is the actual injury to shoulder if not structural?

Next year is obviously the priority, so not going to play AG I assume if not fully healthy...why "no comment" on his medical status and then say might play in same breath. I guess none of our business.
He called him at being only 1/2 effective? Or is that you? Either way not good he is still having issues with his shoulder. Definitely hope we get Hunter's son as a fall back plan for next year.

Reaction Score
He called him at being only 1/2 effective? Or is that you? Either way not good he is still having issues with his shoulder. Definitely hope we get Hunter's son as a fall back plan for next year.
He said we are down 1 & 1/2 players about JA & AG.................can decipher different ways I guess but AG doesn't sound injury free. Who knows maybe (hopefully) it's nothing but soreness but Hurley won't say that.

Reaction Score
He said we are down 1 & 1/2 players about JA & AG.......can decipher different ways I guess but AG doesn't sound injury free. Who knows but Hurley really didn't want to discuss AG.

The entire quote from Hurley read as both optimistic and pessimistic. He talked about that he was playing live drills with the second unit and how the second unit was winning in live competition v. first team. At the same time, when it came to playing Thursday it was a "we will see how he goes in practice."

It is hard to decipher what this all amounts to at this point. I feel like he has been very close to coming back since we saw him warming up v. Temple but they are being very cautious as they should be.

Reaction Score
The entire quote from Hurley read as both optimistic and pessimistic. He talked about that he was playing live drills with the second unit and how the second unit was winning in live competition v. first team. At the same time, when it came to playing Thursday it was a "we will see how he goes in practice."

It is hard to decipher what this all amounts to at this point. I feel like he has been very close to coming back since we saw him warming up v. Temple but they are being very cautious as they should be.
I may have missed some of what Hurley said then, audio level wasn't great on my laptop. Just found the "no comment" answer about any injury odd but maybe (probably) I'm just odd. Hope we see AG soon in any case.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

The fact that he's playing in live drills is a good thing. It means, he's not pure walking wounded.

No problem with AG and/or the team being cautious here. Other than experience, it doesn't matter too much if he came back right away or misses 8 games.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
AG still not at full strength if plays, "1/2 a player" right now......Hurley said we are down 1 1/2 players with regards to JA & AG.

Been awhile now for AG to still be sore so what is the injury if not structural? I guess he's not permitted to discuss the actual injury & he's protecting AG so why then say AG "1/2 a player" but also "no comment" on medical status.

Next year is obviously the priority, so not going to play AG if not fully healthy but the messaging is odd.

Probably reading too much into that "1/2 a player" comment. I don't think he's speaking to AG's relative health with that statement. It's more off the cuff than that. I would interpret it as they are down JA full stop, and they only have AG available for practice right now.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Hurley divulged too much after Wichita State. That is why he went to the no comment. He is working AG back into the team. I think he plays a few minutes at SMU.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
AG still not at full strength if plays, "1/2 a player" right now......Hurley said we are down 1 1/2 players with regards to JA & AG.

More like 3 1/2 if you throw in Mama and Yakwe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom