Dan Hurley Field of 68 Full Interview | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Field of 68 Full Interview

Reaction Score

Hurley cracks me up, "It's about getting 5 guys on the court who don't do really dumb ." Also, what's going on with his sweatshirt?

It seems like 4 of the starting spots are set to start the season in Cole, Martin, Whaley and Sanogo. Seems like Jackson and Gaffney are fighting it out for the other spot with Hawkins coming on strong for that spot.

Hurley wants our defense to lead to us running. He has the same expectations for points as I do. Cole and Sanogo over 14 ppg and a bunch of guys getting 6-10 ppg. Says he will unleash RJ more this season and Gaffney has all the potential to do the hings we need with his size, athleticism, and skills to be an end of shotclock scorer...it's about him having the urgency now that he knows the sand in the hourglass is getting closer to the bottom.

Reaction Score
Chief thinks Gaffney may be the key in giving them another double figure scorer in key games.
Trust me, quite frankly I get Danny’s point about doing dumb things but we also need to balance that with playing faster. Somehow Calhoun figured out a way to balance the two things, it’s unclear to me if Danny has yet?
I don’t really see RJ as an “unleash” threat at this level, but hopefully I am missing something.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nice interview
The position he feels is a strength - PG - I think is the weakest position on this current team. Cole has shown the potential to be a good PG but at times he switched to a SG mode and it just doesn't work (without another PG on the floor). Gaff showed glimpses of beauty vs Maryland but overall he is an enigma.
Hawk is not a PG at heart he is a scoring machine. Maybe Rahsool will emerge but DH didn't mention him.
Ive followed Hawk for almost 2 years but I am really excited to see S Johnson - DH couldn't stop talking about the "wall player"
This year could be very special

Reaction Score
Nice interview
The position he feels is a strength - PG - I think is the weakest position on this current team. Cole has shown the potential to be a good PG but at times he switched to a SG mode and it just doesn't work (without another PG on the floor). Gaff showed glimpses of beauty vs Maryland but overall he is an enigma.
Hawk is not a PG at heart he is a scoring machine. Maybe Rahsool will emerge but DH didn't mention him.
Ive followed Hawk for almost 2 years but I am really excited to see S Johnson - DH couldn't stop talking about the "wall player"
Hoping the enigma resolves itself and if not the sleeper may be Floyd. Chief likes his mindset, he’s one very tough kid and appears to be unselfish. I could see him doing a hard push against a defense if he has Danny’s confidence? He is like a tank with downhill speed. Diggins is the natural point guard but needs to get healthy first. He will really get the assists going once he gets healthy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
J.R. Smith plays golf for North Carolina A&T State University, not NC Central. just a quick correction on the video.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hurley cracks me up, "It's about getting 5 guys on the court who don't do really dumb ." Also, what's going on with his sweatshirt?

It seems like 4 of the starting spots are set to start the season in Cole, Martin, Whaley and Sanogo. Seems like Jackson and Gaffney are fighting it out for the other spot with Hawkins coming on strong for that spot.

Hurley wants our defense to lead to us running. He has the same expectations for points as I do. Cole and Sanogo over 14 ppg and a bunch of guys getting 6-10 ppg. Says he will unleash RJ more this season and Gaffney has all the potential to do the hings we need with his size, athleticism, and skills to be an end of shotclock scorer...it's about him having the urgency now that he knows the sand in the hourglass is getting closer to the bottom.

If Gaff were to start, keeping one of Gaff or RJ on the floor in the backcourt and either Whaley or Sanogo left on the floor from the frontcourt and bringing in Akok, Hawkins, Jackson would be a real good second unit. Gaff, Hawkins, Jackson, Akok and Whaley would be fun to watch for a few minutes each half.
Nice interview

ONly thing I have heard about Diggins is being dinged up and injured. That's been true for a few months now. I don't think he'll play much this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom