Dan Hurley Coach's Show 1/8/19 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Coach's Show 1/8/19

Reaction Score
It telling that Kenya Hunter said they’d like to secure one more high school kid and a grad transfer to go along with the two guard commits and “big guy he couldn’t talk about” which is obviously Akok.

Reaction Score
Ug. Seems to preclude a real 'big guy' for next year.

Reaction Score
I agree, sounds fine...I’d add...My annual let’s add a grad transfer zone buster type shooter. I’m sure there will he transfers out with so many guys struggling.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Akok is a "big guy"?
A swing 6'9" 185lb or 6'10"190lb depending on what site you are looking at
UConn needs 6'11" 225 plus lb
I hope they score a real big guy - maybe the transfer they refer to - fingers crossed

Reaction Score
He hasn’t signed yet
I don't think there's anything to sign if he's not getting a scholarship this year. I think registering for courses is the point Hurley can talk about him.

Reaction Score
I believe we only have 2 scholarship spots currently available for next season. Does this imply that we are out of the Precious sweepstakes?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I believe we only have 2 scholarship spots currently available for next season. Does this imply that we are out of the Precious sweepstakes?
Out:
Jalen
Tarin
Cobb
Yakwe
Williams

In:
Bouknight
Gaffney
Akok

Does leave 2 open. We’re not allowed to discuss potential transfers out but it’s always possible especially with a coaching change and changes in roles. Never stop recruiting

Reaction Score
Akok is a "big guy"?
A swing 6'9" 185lb or 6'10"190lb depending on what site you are looking at
UConn needs 6'11" 225 plus lb
I hope they score a real big guy - maybe the transfer they refer to - fingers crossed
Akok is bigger than that and I would guess will have a little added weight and strength by the time he suits up next season.

Reaction Score
Out:
Jalen
Tarin
Cobb
Yakwe
Williams

In:
Bouknight
Gaffney
Akok

Does leave 2 open. We’re not allowed to discuss potential transfers out but it’s always possible especially with a coaching change and changes in roles. Never stop recruiting
We will have all the scolarships we could ever need, having enough room for good players isn't even a thought.

Reaction Score
So when would that happen at UNC?
Not sure I understand. UNC is a great school that my kids would kill to get into. Registering players for classes is not an issue for such an institution. Now if you are referring to "legitimate classes" or "showing up for classes," that's a different story.

Reaction Score
Ug. Seems to preclude a real 'big guy' for next year.
Kofi was the last ready-to-start big in the class. Not a big surprise to hear him say that. Honestly, I’m a bit relieved he did.

C

Chief00

Akok is bigger than that and I would guess will have a little added weight and strength by the time he suits up next season.
I guess I will need to be sold on that - you know Chief - likes the Bigs to be strong and hard to move or toss around in the post.

C

Chief00

Without being specific - I think we will have up to 3 openings. Despite what Coach Hunter said on the coach’s show, we would be foolish not to get perhaps two more grad transfers/foreign/HS Bigs and perhaps one swing guy. We need to make an assessment of next year’s recruiting as a factor of how we fill things. But ready talent should rule.

Reaction Score
Without being specific - I think we will have up to 3 openings. Despite what Coach Hunter said on the coach’s show, we would be foolish not to get perhaps two more grad transfers/foreign/HS Bigs and perhaps one swing guy. We need to make an assessment of next year’s recruiting as a factor of how we fill things. But ready talent should rule.

Are you inferring 3 in addition to the 2 scholly openings currently for next year or 1 additional for a total of 3?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom