Dammit, it's gonna get worse... | The Boneyard

Dammit, it's gonna get worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: investigators are looking into reports of Sandusky acting as a pimp, allowing wealthy donors to his Second Mile charity access to the kids it was allegedly set up to protect.

No. Freaking. Way.

Someone please make this stop...

Reaction Score
Geesh! ( smh ).. Please, if you are gonna post this you gotta have some credible evidence to support it... This could create some major chaos without it...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If true we'll hear officially about it soon enough. So I'm going to wait until official announcements are made and not put much value in journalistic sensationalism. There is enough shock and horror to deal with from the information already presented. And the media loves this type of story because they can exploit our emotions for their own commercial interests. Which is, in its own way, related to the process that took place at PSU - money, power, greed, fame are more important than the moral high road.

The horrific events took place. They can't be undone. Most of us have been unaware of them over their entire occurrence and our now getting a bunch of the crud that took place for at least thirteen years in a couple of hours. That adds to the shock value.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It would explain why second mile did nothing about the allegations.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Word on the street: investigators are looking into reports of Sandusky acting as a pimp, allowing wealthy donors to his Second Mile charity access to the kids it was allegedly set up to protect.

And I heard that Joe Pa has been on the board the entire time.

Reaction Score
Sorry, folks: HERE ...

It may be true but Madden is pumping himself there as though he was the only one on this. It was all over the place, he wasn't the only one. As I already wrote, Deadspin had this.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How shady is that... his name was definitely on there a few minutes ago.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
And I was too quick on the trigger. My bad. Let me see if I can get the right version...

Here it was as of 10/30 according to Google.

ourTeam.gif

Board of Directors: Honorary Board

John R. Cappelletti - Retired PSU & NFL Football Player, Heisman Trophy Winner
R. R. M. Carpenter, III - Former Owner, Philadelphia Phillies
James E. Ford - Retired Vice President, Kmart
William A. Gettig - President, Gettig Technologies, Inc.
Jack Ham - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
Franco Harris - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
Lou Holtz - Retired Football Coach, Sportscaster, and Motivational Speaker
Dr. Bryce Jordan - Retired, Penn State University President
Willi Maier - President, Omni Plastics, Inc.
Matt Millen - ESPN Football Analyst
Arnold D. Palmer - President, Arnold Palmer Enterprises
Joseph V. Paterno - Head Football Coach, Penn State University
Andy Reid - Head Football Coach, Philadelphia Eagles
Dr. John Reidell - General Surgeon, Past Second Mile Board President
Cal Ripken, Jr. - Former ML Baseball Shortstop, President & CEO of Ripken Baseball, Inc.
Dominic Toscani - Owner & President, Paris Business Forms
Richard Vermeil - Retired NFL Head Coach, (Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles)
Mark Wahlberg - Actor, Rapper, and Film & TV Producer
Verne Willaman - Retired Chairman and President, Ortho Pharmaceutical Corp.
Quentin Wood - Retired Chairman and CEO, Quaker State Oil Refining Corp.
Richard A. Zimmerman - Retired Chairman of the Board, Hershey Foods

Reaction Score
There are some pretty high-profile names on that honorary board list. Wonder how long it'll be before their names disappear.

Reaction Score
I'm don't know if the Second Mile will be implicated in any of this, but I fear the effects upon their organization will be getting underway pretty soon. One case in point...I can't imagine Honorary Board members like Andy Reid, Matt Millen, Dick Vermeil, Jack Hamm or any other notable sports figures wanting to be associated with them. However, I'm really curious what Lou Holtz will be saying on college game day...if they even ask him about his affiliation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And I was too quick on the trigger. My bad. Let me see if I can get the right version...

Here it was as of 10/30 according to Google.

ourTeam.gif

Board of Directors: Honorary Board

John R. Cappelletti - Retired PSU & NFL Football Player, Heisman Trophy Winner
R. R. M. Carpenter, III - Former Owner, Philadelphia Phillies
James E. Ford - Retired Vice President, Kmart
William A. Gettig - President, Gettig Technologies, Inc.
Jack Ham - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
Franco Harris - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame
Lou Holtz - Retired Football Coach, Sportscaster, and Motivational Speaker
Dr. Bryce Jordan - Retired, Penn State University President
Willi Maier - President, Omni Plastics, Inc.
Matt Millen - ESPN Football Analyst
Arnold D. Palmer - President, Arnold Palmer Enterprises
Joseph V. Paterno - Head Football Coach, Penn State University
Andy Reid - Head Football Coach, Philadelphia Eagles
Dr. John Reidell - General Surgeon, Past Second Mile Board President
Cal Ripken, Jr. - Former ML Baseball Shortstop, President & CEO of Ripken Baseball, Inc.
Dominic Toscani - Owner & President, Paris Business Forms
Richard Vermeil - Retired NFL Head Coach, (Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles)
Mark Wahlberg - Actor, Rapper, and Film & TV Producer
Verne Willaman - Retired Chairman and President, Ortho Pharmaceutical Corp.
Quentin Wood - Retired Chairman and CEO, Quaker State Oil Refining Corp.
Richard A. Zimmerman - Retired Chairman of the Board, Hershey Foods
That's the correct one. After reading this thread, particularly upstater's comments, it appears there is substance to these latest allegations. This thing is going to be one hot steamy mess. The removal of Paterno's or anyone else's name only makes matters worse, because when someone discovers alterations were made the first thing people conclude is that there is something to hide.

Reaction Score
They must have yanked his name off the page. A caller on Fatso yesterday they saw it there, tho.

I saw it there a minute before I posted.

Reaction Score
That's the correct one. After reading this thread, particularly upstater's comments, it appears there is substance to these latest allegations. This thing is going to be one hot steamy mess. The removal of Paterno's or anyone else's name only makes matters worse, because when someone discovers alterations were made the first thing people conclude is that there is something to hide.

What I meant was not that Second Mile was a child abuse ring, but that Madden in that interview to WEEI where this info comes from was lauded as the guy who unearthed the Sandusky story months ago, as long as 2 years ago, and no one noticed, so we should listen to Madden because he has the inside scoop. Madden tuted his own self in a similar fashion in that interview.

All I said is that I found dozens if not 100 articles written on this from long ago. The only change this week was the PSU cover-up, the previous articles were about Sandusky's molestations That much has been known for a long while.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Definitely something going on on that site. I spent some time yesterday looking for Paterno on the various boards and did not find his name once. Now people say it was there one minute, gone the next......

Reaction Score
It may be true but Madden is pumping himself there as though he was the only one on this. It was all over the place, he wasn't the only one. As I already wrote, Deadspin had this.

Disagree, listened to this and Madden did not PUMP himself. Just the contrary. He said it was all public info and he just put it together 7 months ago. He was also asked if he got a big reaction 7 months ago and he said NO, that not many people believed him. He even made a comment to the effect that it didn't take a genius to figure out big things were going to come out of this as YOU DON'T CONVENE A GRAND JURY WITHOUT 99.9% EXPECTATION THAT SOMETHING BIG IS AFOOT. Never heard of this guy before and expected him to sound like loud mouth blowhard (per your posting as didn't listen to it until read all the way through to your posting)- he was exactly the opposite - measured and didn't overstate. It was the radio show guys and not Madden who suggested all the football coaches and lot of people at PSU must have known about it. Madden even started out defending the 33 year assistant coach who is next in line, and only when challenged by the radio guys did he concede that hard to accept that assistant coach there 33 years and had no inkling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom