Dallas Wings @ NY Liberty 6/28/19 | The Boneyard

Dallas Wings @ NY Liberty 6/28/19

Reaction Score
Ogunbowale had a horrible shooting night but kept shooting the entire game. That's what I noticed when she played for ND. She could be hot or cold. Also, she is not a point guard by any stretch of the imagination. Agler should keep McCarty-Williams in the game to run the offense as much as possible. Thornton should've been taking those shots.
Agler needs to get the team to be able to utilize Gustafson when they need points. Not having the guards take wild layups and treys.

Reaction Score
Ogunbowale set the league futility mark for a player taking 20 or more shots, according to STATS. She surpassed the 3-for-20 effort by Sheryl Swoopes in 2002. Ogunbowale also matched the record for most misses in a game that didn't go into overtime that was held by Wendy Palmer-Daniel in 1997. Maya Moore missed 23 shots against Connecticut in an overtime game in 2015

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Do we really expect this record to last the season? Arike just warming up cooling off. ;)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Arike was coming off her best game as a pro but going 2-23 from the floor is just horrific. Probably the worst shooting percentage with 20+ shots I've seen, collegiately or pro. I'm surprised Agler hasnt seemed to make an effort to reel her in when she continues to take bad shots.

Tina Charles also had another poor shooting nights this game. She has also really been struggling this year shooting just 36.5% as a power forward. She is leading the league in FGA by a wide margin too yet finally has viable offensive options in Nurse/Durr that she should defer to more. Not sure what's going on with her.

Reaction Score
She had a decent game last night. When she's hot she's hot but she needs a point guard to keep her under control when she's off (like Jackie Young did at ND).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom