Dallas News Saniya Story | The Boneyard

Dallas News Saniya Story

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
But their site is not responding on the platforms available to me. Not for the story. Not for nuthin'. Head bang

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Solved:

"After leading Ossining High to its first New York state championship in school history in 2013, Chong accepted a scholarship from the defending NCAA champion Huskies. During the course of her four-year college career, Connecticut won 152 of a possible 154 games, including three national championships. The only two losses were a two-point regular-season defeat at Stanford in 2014 and a 66-64 overtime loss to Mississippi State on a shot at the buzzer in the 2017 NCAA semifinals.

Between those two losses, the Huskies won 111 consecutive games. That's the longest winning streak in NCAA basketball history, men or women. Add it all up and Chong and her Huskies went 863 days between defeats. As an athlete, as a competitor, she forgot how to lose."

Life in WNBA teaches Dallas Wings' Saniya Chong something she just wasn't going to learn in college | SportsDay

"Wings coach Fred Williams has been watching Chong for years. He likes Connecticut players, who are well schooled in both the fundamentals and winning under coach Geno Auriemma. Williams also drafted Connecticut players in each of his previous two stints as a WNBA coach, Shea Ralph at the Utah Starzz in 2001 and Tiffany Hayes at the Atlanta Dream in 2012. Williams became sold on Chong after watching her and the Huskies play at SMU in 2016."

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Not many quotes from Saniya....speaks about having to bring your ""A" game every night.

Might have learned that in the North East.

Nice that she's getting ink.

Fred Williams drafted Tiff Hayes as well (noted above); not exactly parallel, but not so terribly different.
Tiff was a more of a star and a 4-year regular at UConn than Saniya was...but I for one didn't imagine as outstanding a pro career as she's had.

I'm so pleased that Saniya's making it....good on her.

Reaction Score
Not many quotes from Saniya....speaks about having to bring your ""A" game every night.

Might have learned that in the North East.

Nice that she's getting ink.

Fred Williams drafted Tiff Hayes as well (noted above); not exactly parallel, but not so terribly different.
Tiff was a more of a star and a 4-year regular at UConn than Saniya was...but I for one didn't imagine as outstanding a pro career as she's had.

I'm so pleased that Saniya's making it....good on her.

With a faulty memory: Tiff Hayes, I liked to watch in a Uconn Uniform---my impression--accurate or not is: She'd throw up 30 and then few in the next couple of games, then another 30---when she was hot she was very very h0t when she was cold she was not.

HGN

Reaction Score
Solved:

"After leading Ossining High to its first New York state championship in school history in 2013, Chong accepted a scholarship from the defending NCAA champion Huskies. During the course of her four-year college career, Connecticut won 152 of a possible 154 games, including three national championships. The only two losses were a two-point regular-season defeat at Stanford in 2014 and a 66-64 overtime loss to Mississippi State on a shot at the buzzer in the 2017 NCAA semifinals.

Between those two losses, the Huskies won 111 consecutive games. That's the longest winning streak in NCAA basketball history, men or women. Add it all up and Chong and her Huskies went 863 days between defeats. As an athlete, as a competitor, she forgot how to lose."

Life in WNBA teaches Dallas Wings' Saniya Chong something she just wasn't going to learn in college | SportsDay

"Wings coach Fred Williams has been watching Chong for years. He likes Connecticut players, who are well schooled in both the fundamentals and winning under coach Geno Auriemma. Williams also drafted Connecticut players in each of his previous two stints as a WNBA coach, Shea Ralph at the Utah Starzz in 2001 and Tiffany Hayes at the Atlanta Dream in 2012. Williams became sold on Chong after watching her and the Huskies play at SMU in 2016."
Thanks for posting Rocky..........Saniya deserves the pub after being drafted late and earning a spot. She's a solid player , nothing fancy , takes care of the ball , and is well schooled in the fundamentals. My thought is she will only get better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom