Dallas Morning News: Source indicates BOTH L'ville and WVU might be added | The Boneyard

Dallas Morning News: Source indicates BOTH L'ville and WVU might be added

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oklahoma is playing chess and Texas is playing checkers.

Reaction Score
Actually, if you add Cincy too, you might as well finish the job and bring UConn, Rutgers and USF for travel purposes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Actually, if you add Cincy too, you might as well finish the job and bring UConn, Rutgers and USF for travel purposes.

I think USF is a lost cause, but I am hoping and expecting the Big 12 starts sniffing around UConn and Rutgers as it reopens its TV deal. This, together with the ND activity, is what we needed to force the ACC to action.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure USF helps anyone for travel reasons.

Similarly, UConn and Rutgers are far enough from WVU and Cincy to not really add a ton.

Cincy, on the other hand, does make sense to add.

Reaction Score

Exactly. Why not just take all 6 BE schools and get to 16 if Missouri stays. If Missouri leaves, get BYU and you are at magic 16. It just makes too much sense vs. ripping the BE apart piece by piece.

It will get B12 into the NYC/CT/New England market which is huge.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Why not just take all 6 BE schools and get to 16 if Missouri stays. If Missouri leaves, get BYU and you are at magic 16. It just makes too much sense vs. ripping the BE apart piece by piece.

It will get B12 into the NYC/CT/New England market which is huge.

And would allow them to get everyone for next year without the BE trying to hold on to them. It would be the smartest thing they could do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And would allow them to get everyone for next year without the BE trying to hold on to them. It would be the smartest thing they could do.

The Big 12 needs markets. Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State don't bring great markets with them. Every Big East team but WVU does.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure USF helps anyone for travel reasons.

Similarly, UConn and Rutgers are far enough from WVU and Cincy to not really add a ton.

Cincy, on the other hand, does make sense to add.

Hartford, Newark, Tampa, Cincy and Louisville are all very easy to get in and out of everyday of the week.

Reaction Score
Hartford, Newark, Tampa, Cincy and Louisville are all very easy to get in and out of everyday of the week.
It's a great idea, but no one is capable of speaking for the big east football league. Marinatto can't very well be calling the Big 12 to take the BE football schools as a package deal. How does that sit with the onlies? Not very well. So, the only thing JM can do is keep pushing to rebuild the big east. He is hamstrung by the structure of the BE conference. Furthermore, I'm not sure Uconn and RU would even be interested in joining the B12. I would be all in for this, tho.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's a great idea, but no one is capable of speaking for the big east football league. Marinatto can't very well be calling the Big 12 to take the BE football schools as a package deal. How does that sit with the onlies? Not very well. So, the only thing JM can do is keep pushing to rebuild the big east. He is hamstrung by the structure of the BE conference. Furthermore, I'm not sure Uconn and RU would even be interested in joining the B12. I would be all in for this, tho.
I wouldn't go for a B12 merger because this fiasco would be playing itself out again in six years. But more than that the travel costs for all the sports would be incredible.

I was under the impression the BE university presidents are calling the shots. Marinatto is the spokesperson, not the decision maker. And nothing can be done until the B12 completes whatever they are doing or if they break up altogether.

No invites, no acceptances until the SEC and the B12 are finished.

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton again states:

ChuckCarltonDMN

Because of the messy, awkward situation, two sources say Big 12 might consider Louisville and WVU together

Reaction Score
^^ not a bad idea, if there was interference by political officials, you can bet there would be investigations and lawsuits abound. take both, nothing happens and you get one athletic department that is absolutely loaded with money, on par with texas, and another quality football program with a big following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom