Dagger Vance | The Boneyard

Dagger Vance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Vance comin'.

Minutes over 5 games: 9 - 16 - 8 - 26 and 21.

He has 13 and 16 points over last two games, both with over 20 minutes played.

7-18 from downtown. 5 of 9 today!

I'm lovin' it. You lovin' it?

images

Reaction Score
I'm liking what I've seen the last couple nights. Something like a Neils Giffey type role for the team.

The entire team lacked roles early in the year. The injuries are helping them find some now. Hopefully they stick and they can grow into them and add pieces back in over the season with better results than the early games.

Reaction Score
Vance is a player. He is a legit long range shooter and just knows how to play on offense. Saw some nice drives to the hoop today with a beautiful wrap around pass to Brimah for the dunk. He is the rare UConn freshman who already looks like a grown man, broad shoulders with good bulk and room to add more strength. I'm pretty excited about him.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Vance has shown that he has a lot more to his game than just shooting 3's. He can drive the ball and has good passing instincts. That bounce pass to Amida as he drove to the hoop was a heckuva play. Now, his foul shooting, like most of the other Huskies, needs to get better. He's got some ice in his veins and that is a huge need for this team.

Reaction Score
Vance is a player. He is a legit long range shooter and just knows how to play on offense. Saw some nice drives to the hoop today with a beautiful wrap around pass to Brimah for the dunk. He is the rare UConn freshman who already looks like a grown man, broad shoulders with good bulk and room to add more strength. I'm pretty excited about him.

I'm impressed with Vital and Gilbert's physical condition for freshmen too, we have a good crop of young men here, I hope they are all around for us to watch blossom into beasts

Reaction Score
I can see this kid hitting some game winning buzzer beaters for us in the future, silky smooth

Reaction Score
I feel like I'm being hard on Vance, and overall he's been great for this team especially after the Larrier injury. But a couple things have bothered me about his game.

1) He shoots his jumper from really low on his body, and has gotten blocked a couple times because of it. If he's getting blocked by Chaminade, he's sure as hell going to get blocked by Cincinnati.

2) His ball handling is pretty poor for a 3. He seems to look down a lot when he's dribbling, which can be an extreme liability against stronger opponents.

3) He's very hot and cold with his shooting...he's made a few, but also has had some BAD misses. Had a bad airball in both the Ok St and the Chaminade games. Also, he was 4-9 from the line against Chaminade. For a guy who is supposed to be a pure shooter, that concerns me a bit.

I'll probably get crushed for this post because overall, he's definitely been big for this team. If he can find a way to improve/fix the issues above, he could be a star.

pj

Reaction Score
I feel like I'm being hard on Vance, and overall he's been great for this team especially after the Larrier injury. But a couple things have bothered me about his game.

1) He shoots his jumper from really low on his body, and has gotten blocked a couple times because of it. If he's getting blocked by Chaminade, he's sure as hell going to get blocked by Cincinnati.

2) His ball handling is pretty poor for a 3. He seems to look down a lot when he's dribbling, which can be an extreme liability against stronger opponents.

3) He's very hot and cold with his shooting...he's made a few, but also has had some BAD misses. Had a bad airball in both the Ok St and the Chaminade games. Also, he was 4-9 from the line against Chaminade. For a guy who is supposed to be a pure shooter, that concerns me a bit.

I'll probably get crushed for this post because overall, he's definitely been big for this team. If he can find a way to improve/fix the issues above, he could be a star.

Not crushed, you make good points, but he is a freshman who's playing his first college games. He'll get comfortable and the airballs and missed free throws will go away.

Reaction Score
Neills was big for us especially senior year so no disrespect but Vance's upside is NBA.

Reaction Score
Ok...didn't want to have to bring this up again but Vance needs a TON of work. For a guy who is supposed to be a shooter, he has some TERRIBLE looking shots and does nothing else of value. This will be a long season.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No it's not. Neils was Zach Levine compared to Vance when it comes to athleticism.
Neils was the best athlete on the 2014 team. No fooling.

The thing is Vance never hits the rim. Seriously it's either an airball or a swish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom