D1 WCBB Games this weekend (Oct 25-27)? | The Boneyard

D1 WCBB Games this weekend (Oct 25-27)?

Reaction Score
Starting a thread to track any games (exhibition) this weekend?

Saturday, 10/26/19, 2pm Pacific: Union (Tennessee) at Oregon State University. Union Head Coach, Mark Campbell, coached the U16 National Team, that has a few prized recruits OSU coaches are pursuing: Payton Verhult, being one of OSU's targeted recruits.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I was wondering about this myself, so I went ahead and attempted a compilation that includes all power 5 teams plus a selection of others. I rushed this a bit, so there are probably some errors and (unintentional) omissions.

Action gets underway on Thursday in Fayetteville (AR) and Columbia (MO). Sunday will be a busy day, including at least 3 games available on ESPN+ or free live streaming.

Thu., Oct. 24
Pittsburg State (D-II) at Arkansas (7p CT)
Truman State (D-II) at Missouri (7p CT)

Fri., Oct. 25
California Univ. of Pennsylvania (D-II) at Maryland (6p ET)
Langston (NAIA) at Baylor (7p CT)

Sat., Oct. 26
Rutgers
at Fordham (1p ET) (Proceeds benefit the Bahamas Red Cross Hurricane Relief.)
“The originally scheduled closed scrimmage against the Rams in the Bronx was able to be converted to an open exhibition due to NCAA regulations allowing Division I programs to add a second exhibition if the funds raised for the contest benefit charity. This will be Fordham's first of two open exhibitions during the preseason.” Women’s Basketball Announces Exhibition at Fordham to Benefit Bahamas Hurricane Relief - Rutgers University Athletics
Winona State (D-II) at Marquette (2p CT)

Sun., Oct. 27
Mercyhurst (D-II) at George Washington (1p ET)
Florida Southern (D-II) at Florida State (2p ET)
Bethel (Tennessee) (NAIA) at Middle Tennessee State (2p CT)
Emporia State (D-II) at Oklahoma State (2p CT, ESPN+)
Pittsburg State (D-II) at Kansas (2p CT, ESPN+)
Palm Beach Atlantic (D-II) at Vanderbilt (2p CT)
Auburn-Montgomery (D-II) at Alabama (2:30p CT)
Union (D-II) at Oregon State (2p PT)
Beijing Normal at Cal (2p PT)
Eastern New Mexico (D-II) at Arizona (4p MST, Arizona Live Stream)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will be at the Cal U game in College Park, Md. A couple of tidbits. The Vulcans won the Div. II national championship in 2015. They won 26 games last season.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
We hope to be at the Arizona exhibition - it is just a couple hours after a Volleyball home game - quick turnaround for sure. There is a pre-game event for donors, as well.

Reaction Score
Rutgers beats Fordham 73-57. Behind 26 points from Tekia Mack.
Was disappointed with Davenport's stat line. I thought she would come in and immediately be a big impact player -- not that she can't still do that.

edit --

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Was disappointed with Davenport's stat line. I thought she would come in and immediately be a big impact player -- not that she can't still do that.

edit --

I was too. I think with more game time, she'll get there. Can't wait until Nov. 5th. I'd imagine she'll get a lot of playing time @ South Alabama. Hopefully, Zippy Broughton will be recovered from her foot injury in time to play in front of her family too.

Plebe

Reaction Score
How did Alexis Morris look?
I don't know how she looked, but if you're asking about her play, she's not eligible till January.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
How did Alexis Morris look?

She didn't play. First she isn't eligible until the 2nd semester(I don't know if that matters in exhibitions or not.) and secondly she's dealing with some kind of back injury. CVS didn't sound like it was that seriously, just that it's keeping her out of practice at the moment.

Reaction Score
Oh yes I forgot. She was going to stay at Baylor then got in trouble again and transferred 2nd semester. Anxious to she how looks next semester. The kid can ball, but gotta stay outta trouble first!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Aijha Blackwell and Hayley Troup combined for 47 points in Mizzou's win. Blackwell had 25 and Troup had 22.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My HPU Panthers down the Valkyries of Converse College 69-45.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have a good feeling about the duo of Jones and Brown for OSU. They are Fr. so will probably have some growing pains. But after seeing the 4 year development/improvement of Hamblin and Gulich, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with this pair.

Reaction Score
I have a good feeling about the duo of Jones and Brown for OSU. They are Fr. so will probably have some growing pains. But after seeing the 4 year development/improvement of Hamblin and Gulich, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with this pair.
You will have a GREAT feeling when you get to see them play. I just returned from the game. These 2 x freshman are soooo good already. Jones is a monster of a defender, and fearless. Jones is 6' 4", and long arms that make her a 6' 8" mobile post. Very good hands, and always keeps the ball above her head. Kennedy Brown played pretty well too. Jones was the star of the game today. Taya Corosdale, Kat Tudor, and Jelena Mitrovic did not suit up today. Albeit, it was against a D2 school, for their 1st game of the season, these 2 freshman were better than any post OSU had on the floor last year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
these 2 freshman were better than any post OSU had on the floor last year.

:) They made the best of what they had to work with last year, but this sounds like exactly what I was hoping for.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
A couple more freshmen who impressed in their exhibition debuts were Missouri's Aijha Blackwell and Hayley Frank:

See post above.

Reaction Score
FSU wins 104-46 over Florida Southern. Five scored in double figures for FSU, led by River Baldwins 19.

Plebe

Reaction Score
One team that was underwhelming today was Middle Tennessee State in a 64-53 win over an NAIA team. Granted, Bethel (of Tennessee) is ranked in the top 25 in NAIA Div. 1, but still.

The Hayes sisters (Anastasia and Aislynn) scored 14 each, but Anastasia shot only 4-16 from the field.
Rellah Boothe played only 13 minutes off the bench and was 1-5 for 3 points.

Reaction Score
Aijha Blackwell and Hayley Troup combined for 47 points in Mizzou's win. Blackwell had 25 and Troup had 22.

Will be a fun freshmen dynamic duo to watch. I think Missouri could surprise some people depending how some of the returners develop. Have Missouri heard back on those transfer waivers? Those would be big.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom