D Hurley called it right in press conference | The Boneyard

D Hurley called it right in press conference

Reaction Score
Very good defense but we needed to finish at rim more. I’d love to see Jackson with 1-2 bull rush attempts.NO floaters. Extend and slam! And as good as Adama is no need for additional finesse—- just go back up with intent to jam!
Next game 1st play I’d run an alley ooop for whalley to get him going!
Nice win live it but it could’ve been a 30 point deficit

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Are we complaining about margin of victory now? That game was never in doubt. Butler does not have a major conference-caliber roster, and it would take something extraordinary for them to even give UConn a game. I honestly don't know how they beat Oklahoma or Depaul, and I watched both games.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Are we complaining about margin of victory now? That game was never in doubt. Butler does not have a major conference-caliber roster, and it would take something extraordinary for them to even give UConn a game. I honestly don't know how they beat Oklahoma or Depaul, and I watched both games.
A number of things missing from last night's game will be needed to get the best BE Tournament seeding, a good NCAA seeding, a trip to the Sweet 16, and the opportunity to go further. It need not be regarded as complaining or being greedy.

In fact, I'm confident that you could see that a 30-point win was possible and might even have provided enough room for the bench players to work through some of its jitters.

Reaction Score
How many points, alone, did Martin leave on layups? He caught whatever he got last year, unfortunately.
Polley and Sanogo contributed here as well. The number of shots 5ft and less that they miss seems crazy. And they've been consistently bad at it the last few years (somebody unearthed a statistic at one point). Some of them were at least partially contested 5ft jump hooks and the like but several were just point blank uncontested layups. It has already bitten us and will do so again. Its just so strange.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
If there is anything to complain about, it's how Giffey didn't tell us about the Lithuanian kid that was playing pro ball in Germany. He's going to be really good.
i watched a butler game last week, and thought 'what the heck is wrong with u, coach butler?' give that guy the ball! lukosius is a stone cold playa. kinda what im thinking karaban will be.
he fried our underclassmen, regularly, last night, with his brain, energy, and stroke.
he and taylor were the only ones to show up. freshmen.
bbut diggins will dominate. yeah, sure. every big time program would take that kid over, say 7th year senior tyler, in a heartbeat.
lithuania consistently puts out ballers, even more amazing when u realize that almost no one lives there.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Very good defense but we needed to finish at rim more. I’d love to see Jackson with 1-2 bull rush attempts.NO floaters. Extend and slam! And as good as Adama is no need for additional finesse—- just go back up with intent to jam!
Next game 1st play I’d run an alley ooop for whalley to get him going!
Nice win live it but it could’ve been a 30 point deficit
Sometimes Adama will get the ball so deep that he can just turn around and dunk but he opts for these low % hook shots, often fading away. I think he’s more athletic than he gives himself credit for. He had a nice alley oop dunk against St John’s where his head was at the rim. Would love to see more of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom