D.C. Area All-Met Players | The Boneyard

D.C. Area All-Met Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There was a nice article in yesterday's Washington Post on the spring season sports All-Met performers (not linkable as far as I can tell). Here are the highlights on girls hoops.

POY: Jonquel Jones, 6'3" forward from nationally ranked top 10 Riverdale Baptist, heading to Clemson. Averaged about 16 points and 16 boards. Made the all-tourney team at the Nike TOC. WBCA All-American. A native of the Bahamas. She may make a huge impact in the ACC. HG rank of 36 overall.

Other first-teamers:

Caroline Coyer, 5'10" guard from Oakton (where Jasmine Thomas played). Averaged 15 ppg. Won state championship, made state final four all 4 years. Along with her twin sister, will play at Villanova.

Kate Gilkespie, 5'8" guard from Georgetown Visitation, school career scoring leader, averaged 21 ppg, 11 rpg. Will play at Holy Cross.

Jephany Brown, 6'0" forward from Woodson. Averaged 18 points, 12 boards for city champions. Will play at Providence.

Logan Battle, 5'11" forward from West Springfield (Kara Lawson's alma mater), averaged 18 and 7. Will play for Georgetown. HG rank of 59.

Katie McCormick, 5'9" guard for St. Marys Ryken, averaged 18 ppg and shot 82% on FTs. Will play at Georgetown. HG rank of 48.

Amanda Fioravanti, 6'1" forward from Good Counsel (Kaili McLaren), averaged 18 and 11. She's a junior.

Faith Randolph, 5'10" guard for Good Counsel, repeat All-Met, averaged 17 ppg. Will play at Virginia. HG rank of 26.

Mooriah Rowser, 5'9" guard for St. John's (Marissa Coleman), another All-Met repeater, will play at Memphis.

Lindsay Allen, 5'8' guard also from St. Johns, averaged 14 ppg. She's a junior.

Two other Riverdale Baptist players are ranked in the top 100 by HoopGurlz. No. 85 Kelila Atkinson is headed to Wake Forest. No. 87 Jennie Simms, a 3rd team All-Met, is headed to WVU.

Georgetown is getting 2 local kids, both ranked in the top 60 nationally. UVa gets the #26 player. Clemson gets Jonquel Jones.

Reaction Score
are those georgetown signees going to honor their commitment? They do not have a coach right now and with these post season accolades it could interest other schools.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
are those georgetown signees going to honor their commitment? They do not have a coach right now and with these post season accolades it could interest other schools.
I was wondering the same. Not sure. If I hear anything, I'll post it.

Reaction Score
TWF the new Auburn women's head coach is my neighbor. I spoke with her at length last Saturday. I asked her about Sugar's feelings and as expected it took a while for TWF, Sugar and all concerned to separate from group hug with tears I might add. As for now incoming ALL METS going to G-TOWN are solid with their commitment. TWF and family are now teaching us WAR EAGLE chant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom