OT: Cyle Larin goes #1 in MLS draft | The Boneyard

OT: Cyle Larin goes #1 in MLS draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I appreciate the news, but put it on the Olympic Sports page next time. Then it won't be OT.
Since he's a sophomore, does this mean he's leaving UConn or do they just own his rights and there's a chance he comes back? I have no clue how the soccer draft works.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
No he's gone for good, left early.

Reaction Score
UConn is clearly the school to go to when you want to be the top pick in soccer.

Reaction Score
We're the Kentucky of soccer.
I think I know what you are trying to say but I would cringe less if you had used the women's team as the criteria.

Reaction Score
Can someone remind me why the hell UConn was left in the dust of realignment. I kid, I kid....sort of.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We're the Kentucky of soccer.
Many years ago - yes
The last several have been HUGE disappointments
The problem is recruiting too many like players and not selecting based on positional needs or priorities.
Its sad when your team is stacked with talent but see Providence in the Final Four

Reaction Score
Isn't the first pick in the MLS draft like being the first pick in the China basketball league?

Reaction Score
Many years ago - yes
The last several have been HUGE disappointments
The problem is recruiting too many like players and not selecting based on positional needs or priorities.
Its sad when your team is stacked with talent but see Providence in the Final Four

So, in other words, we're the Kentucky of soccer.

Reaction Score
Not really. It's not a world draft.

The MLS draft doesn't tend to bring in the top players anymore, since the best players don't generally play in college. There is one former UConn footy player (Andrew Jean-Baptiste) who is in contention for the Nats, but most of the guys at that level have been pros since they were teenagers.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the news, but put it on the Olympic Sports page next time. Then it won't be OT.
Since he's a sophomore, does this mean he's leaving UConn or do they just own his rights and there's a chance he comes back? I have no clue how the soccer draft works.

There's a page for soccer related items (pro, World Cup, college, etc.) and this update was posted there, too.

Reaction Score
Isn't the first pick in the MLS draft like being the first pick in the China basketball league?

Maybe. It's the only league that actually has a draft. And the most of the draftees are cut within the first year. Most of the North American talent sign homegrown contracts or turn pro before they get to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom