Cutting the cord | The Boneyard

Cutting the cord

Reaction Score
Anyone have any suggestions? I already talked to frontier about upgrading my internet to 18mbps. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go next? I was gonna start with a roku. What does everyone else have?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone have any suggestions? I already talked to frontier about upgrading my internet to 18mbps. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go next? I was gonna start with a roku. What does everyone else have?

1) Get Sling. Its a quality product and it gives you just enough of what you'll be missing cutting cold turkey. I have the +sports package which is $25 bucks a month and I generally don't have a problem with the quality. The Interface is a little slow but with the channels they offer, you usually know exactly where you want to be channel wise when you are using it. If you pre-order 3 months they give you a free roku stick and I think if you pre order a few more they give you 50% off on a Roku box. Nice way to get going. Roku is the conduit for sling as is an amazon fire stick.

https://www.sling.com/devices/roku

2) Get a mohu leaf indoor tv antenna. It provides over the air quality HD for the major networks with the exception of ABC in my area. I also get all the spanish channels on it which is great for international and USMNT soccer. I actually prefer the Spanish commentating. They call Bradley Captain America.

3) I think you should be fine with 18 mbs. I would use the opportunity of the savings you are getting on cutting the cable to buy your own modem if you are currently leasing from your cable company. You'll save money over the long hall.

4) If you don't already have a netflix account it helps alot.

Any other questions let me know.

Reaction Score
husky210 said:

Go with roku, it's the best streaming box, imo. Only negative is that it doesn't have HBO Now, but I have to think that will be coming soon.

Lots of options on subscriptions depending on what your interests are.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Go with roku, it's the best streaming box, imo. Only negative is that it doesn't have HBO Now, but I have to think that will be coming soon.

Lots of options on subscriptions depending on what your interests are.
Roku def has HBO go.

Reaction Score
OkaForPrez said:
Roku def has HBO go.

You need to have cable to get HBO go. You can buy HBO as a stand alone with HBO now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom