Cutting cable cord and still getting lots sports incl BTN? | The Boneyard

Cutting cable cord and still getting lots sports incl BTN?

Reaction Score
(Pls label if OT - not sure as sports related.) Any of you high tech folks work out a way to do this and save money in process? Thinking of ditching cable, but definitely want all the major sports channels. Thanks.

Reaction Score
(Pls label if OT - not sure as sports related.) Any of you high tech folks work out a way to do this and save money in process? Thinking of ditching cable, but definitely want all the major sports channels. Thanks.

I'm a bit remote from fibre optic (it runs 800 feet along my property line)
so internet is via a radio connection relay.
I can view 2 phone towers and yet my cell service is non existent.
So until the full internet service for all citizens once promised by a previous president comes true. I'll just keep looking at that fibre cable on my property and sigh--that cable is only for .Harrisonburg large housing complexes (read JMU)

Reaction Score
I'm a bit remote from fibre optic (it runs 800 feet along my property line)
so internet is via a radio connection relay.
I can view 2 phone towers and yet my cell service is non existent.
So until the full internet service for all citizens once promised by a previous president comes true. I'll just keep looking at that fibre cable on my property and sigh--that cable is only for .Harrisonburg large housing complexes (read JMU)
#1. Get a different cell provider. Find out who is using those towers.
#2. Get a splicing kit for the fiber. ;^)

Reaction Score
#1. Get a different cell provider. Find out who is using those towers.
#2. Get a splicing kit for the fiber. ;^)

I looked around and found who had use of those towers---
went to their store, told them my previous issues, was given a chart that show high signals in my area, I'm wide open in a valley. With 50 years of RF and associated technology--I was certain (line of sight) if I could see the towers they'd hit my phone.
They gave me gold plated guarantee---I brought it back in two days --nada , nada, nothing--not even 911. They check with the home company--redfaced they came back and said we have problems in that area. No if I chose to ONLY use my cell phone 30 ft from my rear door STRONG signal. I knoW RF patterns have holes, and they are not all charted and having had this in my professional life--I was pretty sure --a few feet in any direction would solve the problem--except that's not in my home.
My ladder isn't long enough to reach the Fibre. I talked to VP of engineering of ShenValley cable and offered to pay for poles and cable--no takers--it's only for high populated housing developments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom