CUSE Postponed :) | The Boneyard

CUSE Postponed :)

Reaction Score
They should have loaded Boeheim and crew on a plane Sunday and let them play in lovely Greensboro.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
why do we talk about them so much lately, who cares about what their little nonsense dramas are all about.

That fan base may not realize it yet, and they sure don't act it, but they are heading for a 1000 ft cliff rapidly and they aren't really sure if they have a working parachute strapped to their back or not. Once Boeheim retires we will find out, for the time being I hope he keeps descending down his senile old man with dementia phase and he lingers around too long killing his transition.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
why do we talk about them so much lately, who cares about what their little nonsense dramas are all about.

That fan base may not realize it yet, and they sure don't act it, but they are heading for a 1000 ft cliff rapidly and they aren't really sure if they have a working parachute strapped to their back or not. Once Boeheim retires we will find out, for the time being I hope he keeps descending down his senile old man with dementia phase and he lingers around too long killing his transition.

The only way that happens is if they get booted from the acc and have to join the american. Tick tock guys, tick tock

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The only way that happens is if they get booted from the acc and have to join the american. Tick tock guys, tick tock

Right, that '17 recruiting class should have you guys primed to remain a power in the ACC...

Reaction Score
Right, that '17 recruiting class should have you guys primed to remain a power in the ACC...

Not sure you know what youre talking about but at least wait until theyre done recruiting.

Uconn's time is now before you spend too much time marinating in AAC. Sub 500 records can be a program killer.

Reaction Score
Not sure you know what youre talking about but at least wait until theyre done recruiting.

Uconn's time is now before you spend too much time marinating in AAC. Sub 500 records can be a program killer.

Two recruits ranked lower than 140 so far. Head coach retiring soon. Yeah I am sure one of top recruits remaining is coming:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

The future looks bleak. There are ways to turn it around, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think you guys need to land Waters and need him to be excellent. Neither of those propositions are guaranteed. If you lose Lydon, you are looking at a low talent team without a PG. Who knows what Hopkins is. I wouldn't be optimistic.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
There's sucking because schools that you built something special with sabotaged the environment that made us all great, and then there's sucking because you are a one coach program who despite building something resembling success never really capitalized when it counted. For the 40+ years Boeheim has been at Cuse, he only has one title to show for it and a handful of pros almost all of which universally didn't stick or reach their potential. Now JB is going to leave behind a program with a football stadium and an ant scale hardwood plastered in the center and a whole lot of empty trophy cases, not much in terms of "long term legacy" that will help carry the program long term.

Before Calhoun retired UConn and Syracuse were both basically "one coach schools", but the difference is Ollie and co. won right away and got that over that program obstacle pretty smoothly I'd say. But if Hopkins and his wet toast personality don't work out immediately post-JB I expect a ton of Cuse fans calling for him to go in a hurry and lure a big name away, and I think you'd all be pretty delusional for thinking that its a destination job like that.

Reaction Score
There's sucking because schools that you built something special with sabotaged the environment that made us all great, and then there's sucking because you are a one coach program who despite building something resembling success never really capitalized when it counted. For the 40+ years Boeheim has been at Cuse, he only has one title to show for it and a handful of pros almost all of which universally didn't stick or reach their potential. Now JB is going to leave behind a program with a football stadium and an ant scale hardwood plastered in the center and a whole lot of empty trophy cases, not much in terms of "long term legacy" that will help carry the program long term.

Before Calhoun retired UConn and Syracuse were both basically "one coach schools", but the difference is Ollie and co. won right away and got that over that program obstacle pretty smoothly I'd say. But if Hopkins and his wet toast personality don't work out immediately post-JB I expect a ton of Cuse fans calling for him to go in a hurry and lure a big name away, and I think you'd all be pretty delusional for thinking that its a destination job like that.

This post is off base. I hate Syracuse more than any other program and I can't even agree with your premise. UCONN has won championships under 2 coaches and we are still in a much more precarious position than Cuse is. They can hire Hopkins and fail and then hire another random coach and still be in a better situation. We better hope KO is a good coach because otherwise we will be beggars. duck___ conference realignment.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

I know exactly what I'm talking about. If you think your low-ranked Plan D/E guys you had to bring in because Boeheim and co. choked hard on all of your top targets are going to keep you competitive in the ACC, you're a homer who doesn't understand the game of basketball.

"Wait until they're done recruiting?" What, so we can see whether or not you can pick up Butler's sloppy seconds at PG? What a joke. Real blue blood ish right there. By the time Hopkins takes over, your roster will be AAC-level in terms of talent.

Reaction Score

Not good. Being Rutgers-like in the ACC soon will not exactly make our AAC look awful. Can't wait till Hopkins leads you to the Rutgers land, although it will be great to still be in the ACC with those 1-17 league records.

Reaction Score
This is a really dumb thread. We can hate 'Cuse all day long, but calling them out for being a mediocre program with questionable recruits is a bit glass house-y, no? We have about 100 threads, idiotic ones, calling for our coach to be fired, likening our team to a dying dog that needs to be put down, and questioning if our staff has any plan or understanding of recruiting. But then we attack 'Cuse, too? Dumb. They have a game, we do not.

Reaction Score
I know exactly what I'm talking about. If you think your low-ranked Plan D/E guys you had to bring in because Boeheim and co. choked hard on all of your top targets are going to keep you competitive in the ACC, you're a homer who doesn't understand the game of basketball.

"Wait until they're done recruiting?" What, so we can see whether or not you can pick up Butler's sloppy seconds at PG? What a joke. Real blue blood ish right there. By the time Hopkins takes over, your roster will be AAC-level in terms of talent.

Hyperbole, delusional, and not accurate. Ignorant at best. Likely alternative facts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not good. Being Rutgers-like in the ACC soon will not exactly make our AAC look awful. Can't wait till Hopkins leads you to the Rutgers land, although it will be great to still be in the ACC with those 1-17 league records.

Yea cause thats going to happen. Ill worry when we go sub 500

Reaction Score

A. Hopkins is known for his personality and he is a big time recruiter
B. The carrier dome attracts big time recruits and cuse has huge fan base
C. Uconn went sub 500 in a sub 500 like conference and 3/4 of the board is calling for your head coaches head, and cuse is in the bad position? Lol
D. A one coach program is a bad thing now? I thought sustained success was good
E. There are so many great coaches out there that even if Hopkins doesnt work out, which he will, its not Armageddon.

Most delusional post I have ever read. Must have come from a 15 year old.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A. Hopkins is known for his personality and he is a big time recruiter
B. The carrier dome attracts big time recruits and cuse has huge fan base
C. Uconn went sub 500 in a sub 500 like conference and 3/4 of the board is calling for your head coaches head, and cuse is in the bad position? Lol
D. A one coach program is a bad thing now? I thought sustained success was good
E. There are so many great coaches out there that even if Hopkins doesnt work out, which he will, its not Armageddon.

Most delusional post I have ever read. Must have come from a 15 year old.

Hey you're here telling us about the AAC and how crappy we are, you're a Cuse fan what do you expect from replies to your BS? Seriously talk basketball and not trash like you did when you started and you'll be fine as will most of the posters. Talk back to people and you'll get what you deserve as a guest in our house.

Reaction Score
Hey you're here telling us about the AAC and how crappy we are, you're a Cuse fan what do you expect from replies to your BS? Seriously talk basketball and not trash like you did when you started and you'll be fine as will most of the posters. Talk back to people and you'll get what you deserve as a guest in our house.

I went in a thread trashing cuse. So, dont act like i started this. Further, the aac is trash and any fan who doesnt realize that needs a reality check. Its simply delusional not to be concerned about conf realignment right now if youre uconn.

Reaction Score
I went in a thread trashing cuse. So, dont act like i started this. Further, the aac is trash and any fan who doesnt realize that needs a reality check. Its simply delusional not to be concerned about conf realignment right now if youre uconn.

Like I said above, you don't get it could care less if you started it or not dopey. This is not your board but hey go at it as you will. We own Cuse whether it's the AAC or the Big East. We beat you 3 players down so go away and hide, just like your program will do with Hopkins at the helm. Gave you your shot and look at the reply. Wow and I only thought our own were dumb:rolleyes:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Hyperbole, delusional, and not accurate. Ignorant at best. Likely alternative facts.

You're grasping at straws because I've perfectly pinpointed how weak your recruiting is. Nice job landing two prospects ranked outside the ESPN and Scout Top 100 and TOS Top 150. Eric Bossi doesn't even have your class as top 35 in the country. You're behind schools like Mississippi State, Creighton, Providence, Colorado...and UConn. You honestly think they will be able to compete against the classes Duke, UNC, Louisville, and Miami have put together? Hell, I'd take Bede and Alexander-Walker from VT over anyone you have coming in.

And yeah, Howard Washington is a 3-star who decommitted from Butler. Most recent offers besides you guys: Canisius, Tulane, and St. Bonaventure. The Carrier Dome really draws in that big-time talent.

Reaction Score
At 10,000+ Gampel & 15,000+ XL, it is noticeable that you don't fill.

Does anyone not think someone in Syracuse admin doesn't see filling 20,ooo in that obsolescent concrete mausoleum as a challenge Post-Boeheim? This is herculean. What CR does may continue to bring Teams of ACC caliber; but, the Syracuse townie fanbase won't be anymore supportive of Losing than BC nor UConn. It'll be empty and feel far less atmosphere than most.

Reaction Score
You're grasping at straws because I've perfectly pinpointed how weak your recruiting is. Nice job landing two prospects ranked outside the ESPN and Scout Top 100 and TOS Top 150. Eric Bossi doesn't even have your class as top 35 in the country. You're behind schools like Mississippi State, Creighton, Providence, Colorado...and UConn. You honestly think they will be able to compete against the classes Duke, UNC, Louisville, and Miami have put together? Hell, I'd take Bede and Alexander-Walker from VT over anyone you have coming in.

And yeah, Howard Washington is a 3-star who decommitted from Butler. Most recent offers besides you guys: Canisius, Tulane, and St. Bonaventure. The Carrier Dome really draws in that big-time talent.

LOL. Yea no talent has gone through cuse and even assuming this class is not highly ranked, its one class and class ranks depend on a multitude of factors, a big one being the number of recruits. Your mind is so small and you lie so much and your facts are so off base and irratuonal, its beneath me to argue with you. Hopefully smu and cinci can keep your conference afloat. Smu and cinci...

Reaction Score
At 10,000+ Gampel & 15,000+ XL, it is noticeable that you don't fill.

Does anyone not think someone in Syracuse admin doesn't see filling 20,ooo in that obsolescent concrete mausoleum as a challenge Post-Boeheim? This is herculean. What CR does may continue to bring Teams of ACC caliber; but, the Syracuse townie fanbase won't be anymore supportive of Losing than BC nor UConn. It'll be empty and feel far less atmosphere than most.

We sucked this year and still had over 20k in the seats most games.

Reaction Score
We sucked this year and still had over 20k in the seats most games.
Bravo dude. Why are you here? Because UCONN fans brought up Syracuse? Go look at your board...are UCONN fans chiming in everytime Cuse fans bring up UCONN?

We both had crappy years. We lost 2 starters who will be back next year to injury for the whole year. You had a healthy team all year and lost to us head to head.

Going forward we both have our set of issues. But your program is about to lose their HOF coach in the next year or two. Hopkins is a total unknown. He didn't exactly set the world on fire last year when Boehim was suspended.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom