Curtis Ekmark: Courtney will enroll at UConn in 2014 | The Boneyard

Curtis Ekmark: Courtney will enroll at UConn in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec spoke with Curtis last night who said that Courtney will not enroll at UConn this fall.

But Curtis Ekmark said Monday night that the only decision his daughter will be making this summer is whether she’ll return to St. Mary’s for her senior year or be home schooled for the year.

“She only needs one or two more classes,” Curtis Ekmark said. “If she decides to be home schooled, it gives her a lot of options. It will give her more time to work on her game, lift weights, and help her be ready to play right away at UConn. If she goes back to St. Mary’s, she’ll be able to play and be with her friends. She’ll make that decision in July.”

“Courtney is eager to get to UConn,” Curtis Ekmark said. “But she’ll go when she’s supposed to.”

So that's settled.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/recruit-ekmark-wont-enroll-early-at-uconn/#more-7439

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Probably a good choice. Don't need to rush one's life. A year of maturing (physically, emotionally, etc.) certainly can't hurt.

She might be able to be home schooled and still play at St. Mary's. I know we have kids in my town who are home schooled, and play on the HS teams.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Nice job by Carl tracking this down. I confess I'm a bit disappointed but we'll be thrilled to get her when we get her.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Glad that is settled.

She will come more physically mature and as a 19 year old. Ready to contribute.

Reaction Score
Wise decision. Too many young people are in a hurry to grow up. The process can't be rushed. Once you're an adult you're an adult for the rest of your life. Enjoy your childhood, Courtney. It goes by fast. See you in 2014. All the best no matter what you decide to do in 2013.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Wise decision. Too many young people are in a hurry to grow up. The process can't be rushed. Once you're an adult you're an adult for the rest of your life. Enjoy your childhood, Courtney. It goes by fast. See you in 2014. All the best no matter what you decide to do in 2013.
She is 18 years old. Not a child.

I believe she made this decision based on what will help her prepare for her freshman year at Uconn in 2014. Home school or high school? It won't be decided on where she will enjoy her childhood.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Yet another alternative would be for Courtney and Gabby and Sadie to all go to South Carolina and work out with A'Ja. Falls into the category of BY pipe dreaming.

Reaction Score
Courtney is doing just what I wanted her to do all along. Join the team in 2014 when Geno recruited her. Remember Kaleena wanted to hurry up and sign so SHE could start recruiting. She did too ! She knew Breanna Stewie was coming before almost anyone knew. Remember what Stewie said, " Everybody knew it ! This will give Courtney a chance to take her time and develop and see who else could help us. She is playing with Katie Lou Samuelson this summer. You never know ! Courtney wants to do whatever it takes to win championships at UCONN whether it is working tirelessly on her own game or recruiting others to come to the best program in the world...UCONN !

Reaction Score
Ack! Hope I never make it there! I'm only 63.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I said 2013-2014. That's next season. Geez, no coffee yet???
I thought you lost your calendar because OTP said 2014 which would be the same year and first seemed a bit odd when referring to the same season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought you lost your calendar because OTP said 2014 which would be the same year and first seemed a bit odd when referring to the same season.
Nope, that'll be 2014-2015. In case you haven't noticed these past few years the seasons run across the year change. ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nope, that'll be 2014-2015. In case you haven't noticed these past few years the seasons run across the year change. ;)
Just like that thing called the school year.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to see what in the world she would gain by coming in a year early, 18 or not. And even is there was some clear specific gain, I think there is so much for on the "win"side in waiting, for the kid ( (enjoying her youth, being with her family and current crop of friends, maturing as a person and as a player, getting stronger, etc), for the parents (having her with them for her last year at home), and for UCONN (getting an even more skilled and more developed player for four years).

The main downside I see is just for the old crocks among us, who keep hoping to hang on long enough to see all four years of every exciting recruit we sign; we'll just have to risk missing a year of what we might have had of her. But, it sure is a motivator for us and gives us something else to shoot for when it comes to sticking around, eh? (C'mon Jones...get real....what other program has fans like that??)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
None of it matters the decision is made. It is all said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom