Curt Miller CT Sun Head Coach Tweet | The Boneyard

Curt Miller CT Sun Head Coach Tweet

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Curt Miller (@CurtMillerWBB) | Twitter

I wonder if parents that make crazy statements about college coaches think it helps their daughters chances at the WNBA level?
1f332.png
no thanks

Had to delete an Apple Icon

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Back story? Context, who is he talking about?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm not sure, that's why I created thread. Hoping someone might know the back story.

Back story? Context, who is he talking about?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Kaela Davis? Not sure but both her parents are active in twitter and her mother isn't ummmm what should I say quite about how she feels. I dont know if it's them but that's my first guess.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
I'm not sure, that's why I created thread. Hoping someone might know the back story.

Doug Laker was the Greenfield-Central High School (Indiana) girls basketball coach for the past nine years. He was an assistant athletic director for more than eight years before resigning a few years ago.

At the end of this basketball season and in a meeting between Laker, the athletics director, and the school principal he was presented with two choices: Resign or be Fired. The hinted at reason being that he is a bully. He characterized the boards reason for firing him was that he was "too mean" to his players. He describes himself as a Type-A personality to his core and admits to being abrasive, but softens that by saying that being vulgar or demeaning is not in his character or intention. An example: he told his players that they "shouldn't p--- yourself when someone gets into you on the court"

Circling back to his having resigned the "assistant athletic director" position a few years ago makes one wonder if he was presented those same two options back then?

Overall, it feels like they have been edging him towards the exit door for awhile...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Diamond's father made some public statements critical of Holly during the 2015-16 season that he later (more or less) retracted and apologized for.

I can readily imagine that it might make a player less attractive as a draft choice if her parents are known to be publicly critical of coaches, even in cases where the coaches may deserve the criticism.

Reaction Score
Didn't understand Big Micks story at all. I must be getting old. I would love to get the back story to this too. I doubt he's referring to Diamond since she's still in college. Maybe he was generalizing.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Or all of the above.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
....Didn't understand Big Micks story at all......

Sorry Lanieer, my mistake. I went to read the actual Tweet (and read a few of Miller's tweets), then tried to provide the back story.......BUT, it was on the wrong Curt Miller Tweet and, and, and, Sorry about that :)

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the women's side of things and everything to do with Lavar Ball. Just a guess.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Tori McCoy’s father told the News-Gazette his daughter was “miserable every day,” and her choice of a new school will include one that will also take her sister Madison, and one where she can “feel needed and developed.” While he mentions schools such as Maryland supposedly contacting McCoy, transfers from one Big Ten school to another not only have to sit out a year, but also lose a year of eligibility.

Oy veh!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Coach Miller is a huge "chemistry" guy and beleives that winning starts with a winning culture. His position on this is no surprise. I'm surprised he resigned Alex Bentley after her very public display of dissatisfaction early last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom