Current Roster question | The Boneyard

Current Roster question

Reaction Score
Any updates? on current players,, how they're coming along in their development.

I'm interested in guys like Jaylen Jones (physical kid. thought he'd come in and start at a CB spot day 1, but that didn't happen), Messiah Turner, O'Neil Robinson (is he finally gonna secure that FS spot? I would hope so.. He's always made a play here and there, but probably need to put on a few more pounds), Abiola Olaniyan (is he going to take a step fwd after he got off to a pretty good start his true frosh year but I believe he got hurt then they shut him down... he seemed to then get a little more playing time last yr), Malik Banks (the young man with the DEEP voice, that's the one thing I remember about him around the time he committed. He was a Jan enrollee last year.. can his game match his voice?), Malik Dixon (is he taking somebody's spot early? He got burn early this past year), RB Khy Gillespie (rooting for this CT native to rep our state as a CT Husky. He ran into an issue and missed out in 2019. Can he rebound, then show up and show out? Make us forget about the kids that transferred out? Opportunity awaits him), Kevon Jones (a kid I HOPE has gotten back on track and becomes a leader on this team. He's always seemed to be one of our few bright spots while he's been here), Caleb Thomas (is he ready to do a little more to help Travis Jones man the middle of our DL???), Dillon Harris (is he going to stay at the edge rush position? or get moved back to LB where he belongs, at his size? Would be nice to see him play ILB), Dalmont Gourdine (is he ready to make a little of noise for us as a rotation guy on the DL.. or even more? I hope so... Everytime I see this kid he makes me think about Jadeveon Clowney.. I know I know, he's not him, but... ), and are the other 4 rotational DEs DeVaughn, Watts, Uguak and Pace ready to make some noise?

Sorry guys, I didn't make it nice and neat for you.. But, you get the idea...

So, if anybody, has anything for us to hang out hat onto, please share.

Reaction Score
Any updates? on current players,, how they're coming along in their development.

I'm interested in guys like Jaylen Jones (physical kid. thought he'd come in and start at a CB spot day 1, but that didn't happen), Messiah Turner, O'Neil Robinson (is he finally gonna secure that FS spot? I would hope so.. He's always made a play here and there, but probably need to put on a few more pounds), Abiola Olaniyan (is he going to take a step fwd after he got off to a pretty good start his true frosh year but I believe he got hurt then they shut him down... he seemed to then get a little more playing time last yr), Malik Banks (the young man with the DEEP voice, that's the one thing I remember about him around the time he committed. He was a Jan enrollee last year.. can his game match his voice?), Malik Dixon (is he taking somebody's spot early? He got burn early this past year), RB Khy Gillespie (rooting for this CT native to rep our state as a CT Husky. He ran into an issue and missed out in 2019. Can he rebound, then show up and show out? Make us forget about the kids that transferred out? Opportunity awaits him), Kevon Jones (a kid I HOPE has gotten back on track and becomes a leader on this team. He's always seemed to be one of our few bright spots while he's been here), Caleb Thomas (is he ready to do a little more to help Travis Jones man the middle of our DL???), Dillon Harris (is he going to stay at the edge rush position? or get moved back to LB where he belongs, at his size? Would be nice to see him play ILB), Dalmont Gourdine (is he ready to make a little of noise for us as a rotation guy on the DL.. or even more? I hope so... Everytime I see this kid he makes me think about Jadeveon Clowney.. I know I know, he's not him, but... ), and are the other 4 rotational DEs DeVaughn, Watts, Uguak and Pace ready to make some noise?

Sorry guys, I didn't make it nice and neat for you.. But, you get the idea...

So, if anybody, has anything for us to hang out hat onto, please share.
Their last game ended just over a month ago. No one has been on campus in weeks. I'm excited to hear things too, but this is a bit premature don't you think? We probably won't know more until the spring and summer. Even then, only game time will tell us the real deal.

Reaction Score
Their last game ended just over a month ago. No one has been on campus in weeks. I'm excited to hear things too, but this is a bit premature don't you think? We probably won't know more until the spring and summer. Even then, only game time will tell us the real deal.
My bad.. I got tired of beating the dead horse (of how bad we've been over these years).. Trying to get a jump on what to expect ... So... This thread is out there... for when they get back...

Reaction Score
My bad.. I got tired of beating the dead horse (of how bad we've been over these years).. Trying to get a jump on what to expect ... So... This thread is out there... for when they get back...
You might be just as impatient as me! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop with your twitter sleuthing regarding prospects, commits and potential signees.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Don’t think we will hear much on the current kids until spring ball which starts on Monday feb 3rd.

Reaction Score
Spring Ball Starts officially tomorrow 2/4/20.. Time to bring this thread back to life.. I started a month too soon.. Looking fwd to seeing how this roster turns out...

Reaction Score
I want to know who is going to step up in the qb spot this year. That spot for me is still the unknown. WRs are promising. DBs is a huge question due to long yardage catches that was given up last year. This year everyone is going to be stronger and faster and older. Here is hoping we have some break throughs this year and they don’t give up. We need the bend and don’t break approach.

Reaction Score
IMO the two biggest, potential impact wildcards on offense are Micah Leon and Gillespie.

I found this video of Leon (#10) playing in NC State's spring game last year. He played one full series and one partial series to close the game, starting at 1:48:00 he leads the offense on a long TD drive. What stands out in this video is hearing NFL QB Mike Glennon talk up Leon's talent. Leon shows a decent enough arm and better than average running speed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems we could draw a "crowd" like this if we had a Spring Game.

Reaction Score
IMO the two biggest, potential impact wildcards on offense are Micah Leon and Gillespie.

I found this video of Leon (#10) playing in NC State's spring game last year. He played one full series and one partial series to close the game, starting at 1:48:00 he leads the offense on a long TD drive. What stands out in this video is hearing NFL QB Mike Glennon talk up Leon's talent. Leon shows a decent enough arm and better than average running speed.

Here we go again. Just like last year beaudry was going to be the answer after not playing for three seasons. The two breakout players at qb are going to be Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski this kid didn’t even throw for 1200 yards his senior year. No other offers I’m sorry not sold on him. This is SKs make it or break it year. He did pretty good with the limited time he had while injured for majority of that time. He has the most accolades as a recruit and most raw talent of the three. Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski are going to battle. And I’m curious to see how Steven Krajewski will look healthy. Good luck to the both of them and may the best man who puts the most work In win. It’s gonna be Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski with ML as a solid back up

Reaction Score
And go back to Dan O analysis of Steven Krajewski. Mind you he’s the only qb be did that for. We need to develope him in to the potential player her can be or were gonna lose him

Reaction Score
After watching that video Edsall needs to go with Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski. One of them are going to be the future of the team. Whoever he picks he needs to stay with and stop with the carousel of qbs. Other than one long ball that the WR made a amazing grab for everything was screens and check downs or under 10’yard throws. It was like watching beaudry again. He also missed some of those short throws pretty bad. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go with Steven Krajewski or Jack Zergiotis. There’s a reason Jack Zergiotis started as a true frosh. Then there’s also a reason why Steven Krajewski played the way he did being injured most the UCF game. There’s also a reason why he was coached by one of the best HS coaches around. Why he was on cam Newton’s 7 v 7 team and why he had other division 1 offers and multiple meetings with top notch coaches before he Committed to UConn. Those two are the two it needs to come down to. Use the spring to coach them up and don’t waste your time with a 3-4 qb competition. Get those two ready for the season so we can win more than 2 games. Also can we please actually have a spring game that would be interesting

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
After watching that video Edsall needs to go with Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski. One of them are going to be the future of the team. Whoever he picks he needs to stay with and stop with the carousel of qbs. Other than one long ball that the WR made a amazing grab for everything was screens and check downs or under 10’yard throws. It was like watching beaudry again. He also missed some of those short throws pretty bad. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go with Steven Krajewski or Jack Zergiotis. There’s a reason Jack Zergiotis started as a true frosh. Then there’s also a reason why Steven Krajewski played the way he did being injured most the UCF game. There’s also a reason why he was coached by one of the best HS coaches around. Why he was on cam Newton’s 7 v 7 team and why he had other division 1 offers and multiple meetings with top notch coaches before he Committed to UConn. Those two are the two it needs to come down to. Use the spring to coach them up and don’t waste your time with a 3-4 qb competition. Get those two ready for the season so we can win more than 2 games. Also can we please actually have a spring game that would be interesting
So you're saying is should be Jack Zergiotis or Steven Krajewski? ;)

Reaction Score
I say we cancel spring ball and just go with the guys based on last years film. Why are we the only team that has practice to evaluate players and spur competition? Ridiculous.

Besides, it should help save a few nickels

Reaction Score
I hope the kids show up with fire in their belly's ready to compete and earn playing time. If you want it, get after it. Plenty of new talent added. A lot of starters coming back. This should be a big year to see what this program really has going forward. Don't count out the late signees/enrollees either. The early crew just has a big leg up. Let's Go Huskies!!!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom