OT - current NBA players who will be in the HoF? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - current NBA players who will be in the HoF?

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
You left out Duncan, Dirk, Garnett, Manu, and Pierce. All of them are either entering the Hall now or locks to in the next few years.

Also Vince Carter, Kobe....I'm sure there are a few more too.

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Drummond, He's putting up some serious rebounding numbers. If he has another 5 or 6 years averaging around 15 boards a game like he has been, I think you need to give him serious consideration. I always make It a point to see his stat lines every game. It really is crazy how many 20/20 games he's had so far in his career. Also, If Kemba keeps playing at the high level that he has been, he is a lock.

Reaction Score
Draymond and Iggy will have cases for a variety of reasons. Dray already has 3 all stars, a 2nd team All-NBA, A 3rd team, and a DPOY. If you're only looking awards, he's higher than Iggy (who does have a Finals MVP.

Rose is going to have an interest debate around him because of the MVP. But that's also his only All NBA and he has only 3 All Stars.

Drummond will as well because of the rebounding numbers. He's still young, though, so a good team can dramatically change his trajectory. He has one 3rd team All-NBA and 2 All Stars.

Gasol will have a case because of Toronto time and his DPOY. He also has a First Team All-NBA and a Second team. Only 3 All-Stars though (he's older than Dray and Drummond, and unlikely to make another).

Reaction Score
You left out Duncan, Dirk, Garnett, Manu, and Pierce. All of them are either entering the Hall now or locks to in the next few years.
Has everyone forgotten Kobe already?

I think there is a small possibility that Rajon Rondo goes

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If Manu goes so does Tony Parker

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Has everyone forgotten Kobe already?

I think there is a small possibility that Rajon Rondo goes
He really only had a handful of years early on in Boston (with 3 HOFers to rack up assists to) where he was great. Not a HOF player

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Parker will, Duncan btw is on whole nother level he’s top echelon level.
Yeah I realized it was silly putting Duncan with the other two and edited.

Reaction Score
Yeah I realized it was silly putting Duncan with the other two and edited.

Duncan will be looked at as more of an all time great winner who gets over looked when ranking the all time greats the same way Russell gets overlooked and I believe the same will happen with Kawhi.

Reaction Score
Locks (dont even have to think about it)

Lebron
Giannis
Kawhi
Curry
CP3
Howard
Vince
Harden
Westbrook
Durant
Klay
Kyrie
Melo (scoring average, winning a ring with Cuse)
Love
Pau
Melo gets in on Olympics alone, 3 Gold medals and leading Team USA Basketball scorer. He deserves it.
Pau’s got some international flavor too, one time best European player I think.
Kyrie, maybe. Dwight Howard? Hell no.

Reaction Score
Melo gets in on Olympics alone, 3 Gold medals and leading Team USA Basketball scorer. He deserves it.
Pau’s got some international flavor too, one time best European player I think.
Kyrie, maybe. Dwight Howard? Hell no.
Dwight is like, a shoe-in.

Reaction Score
Dwight is like, a shoe-in.
I’m curious why you’d say that. Howard has been a good player, but what about him exactly screams HOF? He’s never been a champion, only got far in the playoffs once with Orlando, and then fell off his last few years.

Reaction Score
I’m curious why you’d say that. Howard has been a good player, but what about him exactly screams HOF? He’s never been a champion, only got far in the playoffs once with Orlando, and then fell off his last few years.
3 Straight DPOY, 5x All NBA first team. Was the best center for a good period of time. Also had a pretty trash supporting cast that he dragged to the finals. A lot of people aren’t too fond of him but there’s a reason BB Reference gives him a 99.5% chance to make it.

Reaction Score
There are centers who have accomplished less that are already in the HOF.

Reaction Score
ESPN has Dame Lilliard in their top 100 players all time. I thought that was shocking but if there are other people out there that believe he’s top 100 then I guess he’s already a hall of famer. I believe they have him in the 70s.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
ESPN has Dame Lilliard in their top 100 players all time. I thought that was shocking but if there are other people out there that believe he’s top 100 then I guess he’s already a hall of famer. I believe they have him in the 70s.
You'd be pressed trying to find 100 better players than Dame.

Reaction Score
Bill Walton played <500 games and is in the HOF

Right he also won an MVP and a championship. Won a 6th man at the tail end of his career with the 86 Celtics after that year he only played 5 games the next season.

Reaction Score
Locks (dont even have to think about it)

Lebron
Giannis
Kawhi
Curry
CP3
Howard
Vince
Harden
Westbrook
Durant
Klay
Kyrie
Melo (scoring average, winning a ring with Cuse)
Love
Pau
I wouldn't put Love or Kyrie in as a lock, but the rest of your list is spot on. Other than one shot in a series where he only played 3 great games out of 7, people forget Kyrie hasn't done much.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Right he also won an MVP and a championship. Won a 6th man at the tail end of his career with the 86 Celtics after that year he only played 5 games the next season.
So let’s say if Derek Rose goes to the Lakers next year and wins a title and 6th Man award does he deserve to be in? Well of course not! Walton was in the 70s and 80s which makes his injury career much more impressive! Obviously!

Reaction Score
So let’s say if Derek Rose goes to the Lakers next year and wins a title and 6th Man award does he deserve to be in? Well of course not! Walton was in the 70s and 80s which makes his injury career much more impressive! Obviously!
Rose might make it even if that doesn't happen because of that MVP. The NBA HOF has a number of players whose inclusion makes you scratch your head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom