Current Boneyard mood | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Current Boneyard mood

Reaction Score
Someone's triggered,
Apparently that someone is you if you can't handle your own hyperbole and sarcasm being used to show how ridiculous you're being.

@Fishy see above. His post was a strawman. I don't have an issue with people posting about their concerns. That guy is just being a .

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
IMG_0567.PNG

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

The sad thing is I suspect there may be some from the "Ollie Sucks!" camp on this forum who are secretly hoping that one of those houses that got vaporized was his.

Reaction Score
The sad thing is I suspect there may be some from the "Ollie Sucks!" camp on this forum who are secretly hoping that one of those houses that got vaporized was his.
yeah that's a bit far, don't you think?

Reaction Score
It's kind of amazing that the program has had huge, extraordinary levels of success in our lifetimes, and people here are still anxious and unsatisfied.

I guess what Oscar Wilde said is true- "There are two tragedies in life: one is not getting what we want, and the other is getting it."

Reaction Score

I love these super morbid stock photos, it's hilarious to me imagining some up and coming actor/model posing for these. I wanted to post this pic of this kid crying with a gun stock photo I saw last week but Fishy won't let me apparently.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Yep I hear ya bass. :rolleyes: You just keep that mindset if it works for you. I'm fine where I am too! I can see, not blind but also know that there's nothing good that come's from constant whining like you and others.

I admit I am skeptical how good they can be this upcoming season but a few of you here really don't want them to be good I promise. It will work out better if he gets fired!;)

And I haven't seen much here regarding suggested replacements for Ollie, assuming he does get fired at the end of next season or sooner, for whatever reason(s). He's getting three million a year, and presumably is due some sort of buyout at any point prior to his contract expiring. So you have the extra expense of paying the buyout, plus I seriously doubt the AD is in the kind of financial shape where we can just go out and offer somebody else three mil a year. Under those circumstances, who's going to want the job if they're a high profile coach from a highly respected mid major or P5 program? I think I've seen Marshall's name batted around, but realistically, why should he make essentially a lateral move unless you're going to shower him with extra money? I'd be surprised if we can offer anybody, regardless of pedigree, much more than 1.5, or maybe 2 mil per year. I'd personally love to see a list of these coaches that are going to come in, replace Ollie, and lead us back to the promised land of national titles and basking in our past, present and future glory.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And I haven't seen much here regarding suggested replacements for Ollie, assuming he does get fired at the end of next season or sooner, for whatever reason(s). He's getting three million a year, and presumably is due some sort of buyout at any point prior to his contract expiring. So you have the extra expense of paying the buyout, plus I seriously doubt the AD is in the kind of financial shape where we can just go out and offer somebody else three mil a year. Under those circumstances, who's going to want the job if they're a high profile coach from a highly respected mid major or P5 program? I think I've seen Marshall's name batted around, but realistically, why should he make essentially a lateral move unless you're going to shower him with extra money? I'd be surprised if we can offer anybody, regardless of pedigree, much more than 1.5, or maybe 2 mil per year. I'd personally love to see a list of these coaches that are going to come in, replace Ollie, and lead us back to the promised land of national titles and basking in our past, present and future glory.

All the names that have been suggested are either P5 coaches whose current jobs offer better security and higher future earnings potential, or low-major head coaches who haven't proven themselves in the way this program should be demanding from a future leading man.

Reaction Score
All the names that have been suggested are either P5 coaches whose current jobs offer better security and higher future earnings potential, or low-major head coaches who haven't proven themselves in the way this program should be demanding from a future leading man.

I highly doubt Ollie would be fired without a suitable replacement lined up. Lucky for us it's not the boneyards job to find a coach.

UConnNick

Reaction Score

Thanks, Stairmaster. That's kinda what I thought, but then I assumed I might have missed some names.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
I highly doubt Ollie would be fired without a suitable replacement lined up. Lucky for us it's not the boneyards job to find a coach.

OK, I think I understand what's going to happen now. We'll have this mystery coach all lined up to replace Ollie and he will undoubtedly right the ship and lead us all to the promised land. Got it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Thanks, Stairmaster. That's kinda what I thought, but then I assumed I might have missed some names.

There are a few A10 HCs/P5 assistants whom I believe collectively represent the best route to go the next time we're searching for a HC. Unfortunately, they are only likely to make that move if we're a strong UConn program who only needs a new coach because our current one got an NBA job. If things get/stay bad enough where Ollie is fired next March, we're in just as crummy shape as we are now at best. And if Sid Wilson thought a 4-whatever St. John's team was a better spot for him than UConn as of right now, who honestly thinks Dan Hurley isn't going to come to the same conclusion when faced with a job that can pay him more over the long term and give him a chance to win in an actual conference?

Reaction Score
OK, I think I understand what's going to happen now. We'll have this mystery coach all lined up to replace Ollie and he will undoubtedly right the ship and lead us all to the promised land. Got it.
yes. that's what I said. keep putting words in my mouth.

Reaction Score
I disagree that many here want to see KO fail Mau, I certainly don't. But you have to admit the trend under this leadership isn't good. We left two scholarships unfilled last season and had two kids with bad knee situations. This season we're down 3 scholarship players and nobody of any serious quality wants to come aboard despite a clear opportunity for playing time.

You can make an argument for the posters who may be rooting for a new regime that is at least able to staff a full team and be somewhat relevant on the national scene. I'm strongly rooting for KO and I think most of us are, but the small percentage who've already had enough may not be so out of touch with reality.
If you want reality, UCONN'S first few games of the season next fall at the Phil Knight invitational will be tough ones. Other invitee's are Duke, Gonzaga, Arkansas, Butler, Georgetown, and Florida, among others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom