Curious...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Someone please answer.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Anybody know why we haven't heard from @Kibitzer for a while? Not that I looked forward to being on the receiving end of one of his posts. However, admiration come in many flavors.

For the past several years, Kib has pretty much refrained from posting during the off season. There are 1-2 posters here that have personal contact with him, and have responded to similar requests in the past. Hopefully they'll read your post, and respond. An update on Kib's well being if nothing else would be nice. As you said, he is admired and highly respected here in the yard. His last post was March 11, 2019. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
For the past several years, Kib has pretty much refrained from posting during the off season. There are 1-2 posters here that have personal contact with him, and have responded to similar requests in the past. Hopefully they'll read your post, and respond. An update on Kib's well being if nothing else would be nice. As you said, he is admired and highly respected here in the yard. His last post was March 11, 2019. ;)
Thanks, @Scoop, I recall that. But we were still playing on March 11.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Fellow Yarders,
I think of you (all) often, but my age (86 now, add one in July) and activities have forced me to cut back a bit during the off season.
I also celebrated my 40th anniversary with my dear wife, Mrs. Kib.
I was honored by the State of Connecticut by being added to the list of honorees into the Veterans Hall of Fame. I am #140. President G.H.Bush was #1.
I will be back in the fall to cheer our heroes on to another championship season.
In the meanwhile I and the rest of my family want to wish everyone, especially our veterans, a safe and happy Memorial Day.
Miss you Kib man. The most amazing part of your life is how long your wife has tolerated you. Gotta be tough living with a saint. Stay healthy and enjoy your summer.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Fellow Yarders,
I think of you (all) often, but my age (86 now, add one in July) and activities have forced me to cut back a bit during the off season.
I was honored by the State of Connecticut by being added to the list of honorees into the Veterans Hall of Fame. I am #140. President G.H.Bush was #1.
I will be back in the fall to cheer our heroes on to another championship season.
In the meanwhile I and the rest of my family want to wish everyone, especially our veterans, a safe and happy Memorial Day.
As a fellow vet congrats on the honor, your birthday, and your 40th, just celebrated my 43rd with my wife in March. I would also like to wish to everyone, especially our veterans, a safe and happy Memorial Day and remember our fallen who did so in defending this great Nation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Fellow Yarders,
Soldier on Kib. God Bless!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Fellow Yarders,

Thank you for your service Kib. Congratulations on your 40th anniversary.

My wife and I will celebrate our 44th anniversary this coming July.

From a #ProudNavyDad

Reaction Score
Thanks, @Scoop, I recall that. But we were still playing on March 11.
Ok, who are you referring to Carnac or Scoop. Seems the same positing with 2 different names? What's going on here???

Reaction Score
Fellow Yarders,
Thankful for your service. I only did 1 Army and 4 Navy and 30 years Fed service. I didn't jump out of airplanes like you, but I did stay with them on carrier landings and takeoffs.
I too shall turn 87 in July. Had our 66th wedding anniversary in February (even now I tend to forget the date). My baby bride is hail and hardy, I'm a bit more bent. Congrats on being added to the Ct Vets hall of fame, nice honor.
Unlike you, I hope to be back in the Fall to follow this great new group of players---I'm not as certain.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ok, who are you referring to Carnac or Scoop. Seems the same positing with 2 different names? What's going on here???

This is Scoop. I changed my handle back to my original handle of Carnac 2 weeks ago. Most of the regular posters here recognized my writing style (but not everyone), even though I didn’t make the change publicly known. It wasn't that big a deal. You can’t have two identities here in the yard.

Last edited:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
With a language stickler like Kibitzer, you're no doubt trying to get him to post more by tempting his pedagogic side.

The phrase is "hale and hearty."

Although, in your wife's case, you could certainly hail her for being hardy.
Hale, hale, the gang's all hear! ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Hale, hale, the gang's all hear! ;)
Homonyms and homophones are sooo hard. I can never get them rite, or is it write? Guess I should stick with correct, right? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom