Curious About The Outcome Of This "Accidental" Contact | The Boneyard

Curious About The Outcome Of This "Accidental" Contact

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any information regarding when this "play" occurred in the game and what the refs called, if anything, during the Oregon Duke game? Of note: Cooper is a 6' 4" senior and Ionescu is a 5' 10" freshman.

Maybe sanctions against the entire team/program would be able to rein in the few "physical" coaches.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Register-Guard

Bando and Cazorla hit back-to-back three-pointers from the same corner to make the score 59-44 with 7:57 remaining.

On the way to the huddle in celebration, Ionescu was leveled by Duke forward Kendall Cooper, but the official who witnessed the collision viewed it as unintentional.

Ionescu got off the canvas. The Blue Devils did not.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I didn't see any attempt by the Duke player to slow down or stop herself from basically running her over. She also made no attempt to help her up. #stayclassy

Reaction Score
Whatever restaurant Ms. Cooper works in-Look both ways when walking through the aisles.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Never liked Cooper when she played HS and club ball out here in So Cal.
I was surprised when she agreed to go to Duke.
Ionescu turned to avoid the collision. I would have thought Cooper would hold her arms out to avoid the collision. I guess not.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
wow. That looked more intentional than any of the fouls in our game! I have seen a few bumps when teams are crossing for a huddle, but they really were incidental, that looked pretty deliberate.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I didn't see any attempt by the Duke player to slow down or stop herself from basically running her over. She also made no attempt to help her up. #stayclassy
...and didn't look to say, "I'm sorry" or "my bad" either...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom