CTHSFB All Decade Team | The Boneyard

CTHSFB All Decade Team

Reaction Score

Lots of UConn representation. Must be tough to pick an all-decade team but I think they did a good job
Mike Neary of Darien not being on that list is a pretty big oversight. The kid was unstoppable on defense. Played a huge roll for the Blue Wave in the State Playoffs, especially his last two years.

Reaction Score
Mike Neary of Darien not being on that list is a pretty big oversight. The kid was unstoppable on defense. Played a huge roll for the Blue Wave in the State Playoffs, especially his last two years.
Of the 4 DL listed on the team (Mark Evanchick, Zach Allen, Cole Ormsby or Rondell Bothroyd) who are you taking off?

Reaction Score
Of the 4 DL listed on the team (Mark Evanchick, Zach Allen, Cole Ormsby or Rondell Bothroyd) who are you taking off?
Tough call, but I’d say, Ormsby. GT didn’t want two Darien kids on the same team, both players terrorized FCIAC and State Playoff defenses for 7or 8 years. First Evanchik and then Neary. I will say that Evanchik, as great as he was, was really a big and super quick linebacker. Neary was especially dominant in the state playoffs against both non FCIAC teams and FCIAC teams. Players should be on that list because of how well they played agitprop competition, not because of who was recruiting them.

Reaction Score
GT didn’t want two Darien kids on the same team, both players terrorized FCIAC and State Playoff defenses for 7or 8 years.
There are multiple teams that have multiple players on the list (some on the side of the ball).
Players should be on that list because of how well they played agitprop competition, not because of who was recruiting them.
“To be eligible players must have been selected to the New Haven Register All-State team and competed in at least two years in the decade.”

“We based our selections on their high school careers, excluding their collegiate and professional success. ”

Reaction Score
There are multiple teams that have multiple players on the list (some on the side of the ball).

“To be eligible players must have been selected to the New Haven Register All-State team and competed in at least two years in the decade.”

“We based our selections on their high school careers, excluding their collegiate and professional success. ”
There should be one in Darien’s case with Evanchik and Neary, but multiple QB’s, Defensive lineman, Offensive lineman, Defensive Backfield, Running backs, receivers, from the same school on an All Decade all state team???? They were only picking 4 players from each position anyway. I think maybe you misunderstood me also, what I said was, GT tried to avoid putting two out of the four named players from the same POSITION and the same school team, on this All Decade Team.

Reaction Score
Matekevich was a great player but he never played high school football during the All Decade in question.
He would have played in 2010, Milford Academy in 2011. Doesn't qualify because they wanted 2 years in the decade.

Reaction Score
He would have played in 2010, Milford Academy in 2011. Doesn't qualify because they wanted 2 years in the decade.
He did play in 2010, but one year in the decade is a stretch. I’m surprised Tim Boyle isn’t on this list, he led those dominant Xavier HS teams early in the decade? Same for Jay Rose at Southington later in the decade.

Reaction Score
Who on this list do you guys think had the best college career.

My vote: Ervin Phillips at Syracuse. Still holds the ACC record for most receptions in a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom