CT SUN | The Boneyard

CT SUN

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Courtney Williams is not playing? Is she with the team on the road trip? If it is an injury, is it serious. Also is Alyssa Thomas's injury season ending? I know the WNBA does not have a very large fan base, but those of us who follow the teams are passionate and we deserve an update on players who cannot play for some reason. At least, the team can announce when they may return to the lineup.

The league wants to be treated with respect, yet they treat us as second class citizens. I believe if an NBA team lost two of its starters there would be occasional press conferences to update the fan base.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Sun or WNBA fan, but I had a few moments, so I thought I'd look at their website, Yup, they mention they are shorthanded, but don't say why. You go to player profiles, and there's no serious attempt to let people know what's happening. In the case of Courtney Williams, it says
Williams (personal) has been ruled out for Tuesday's matchup with the Sparks.

07/03/2018 5:18 PM

Williams is currently away from the team while tending to a personal matter, with Tuesday's contest marking her second straight absence. The Sun play again Thursday against the Mercury and it's unclear if that will give Williams enough time to rejoin the team. Rachel Banham and Alex Bentley should see added run with Williams out once again.

Williams will sit out Sunday's matchup with the Storm for personal reasons.

07/01/2018 2:45 PM

Williams is currently away from the team and it's questionable if she'll rejoin the Sun in time for Tuesday's matchup with the Sparks as well. Considering Williams has started all 15 games this season and averages 12.3 points and 6.0 rebounds across 27.1 minutes, her absence is a tough blow for Connecticut's attack. Williams' absence should create more run for players likes Jasmine Thomas, Alex Bentley and Rachel Banham

but you have to click on "roster" an then her name and then "news" to find this not very informative information. They don't go out of their way to let fans know what's going on, it seems to me.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Courtney Williams is not playing? Is she with the team on the road trip? If it is an injury, is it serious. Also is Alyssa Thomas's injury season ending? I know the WNBA does not have a very large fan base, but those of us who follow the teams are passionate and we deserve an update on players who cannot play for some reason. At least, the team can announce when they may return to the lineup.

The league wants to be treated with respect, yet they treat us as second class citizens. I believe if an NBA team lost two of its starters there would be occasional press conferences to update the fan base.

1 Courtney is out for "personal reasons". No timeline has been announced for her return. These are generally family issues that are indeed no one's business but Courtney's.

2 She has not been with the team and is likely in Folkston, if I had to guess.

3 AT's shoulder injury suffered against Washington does not appear to be season ending. She has been suited up the last couple games, and is considered "day-to-day". I would expect the Sun to be very cautious with her due to her importance and her injury history. I won't be surprised if she is impaired to some degree the rest of the way.

In neither case can the Sun say definitively when either will return so an announcement of a date is impossible.

I pay attention to newspaper articles, the team website, team social media and podcast to get info, and it is normally adequate. Since the Sun has only been home for 6 games this year, it isn't too surprising that the local press coverage has been a little lighter than usual. After the LV game its 11 of 15 at home so hopefully local press coverage will improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom